Another from Minnesota

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Immith

Reaction score
Hey everyone, here's another new person to the forums from Minnesota, though I've been reading for two years now. I'm in Minneapolis up in NE neighborhoods.

I started with country wine(needed something to do with over abundance of jalapeno and green sausage tomatoes) and honey wine that I learned from the book Wild Fermentation. Then I read you could do beer and started with that.

I'm mostly a kit brewer, just did my second batch of all grain yesterday, but have done several extract kits. Have 2 in primary now(including one from yesterday) and 2 kegged, and a lager with a starter waiting on me to get to it.

Still learning as I go along, normally I age my beers by laziness, but lately have been eager for beer and learned that hot alcohol flavor in one of my stouts. I thought it was ruined but waited, a week later it's definitely drinkable although not quite ready yet. I'm wondering how long to let my Mild sit, as I heard those shouldn't go quite as long tho not sure where why or how I am thinking I heard that.

Starting to do some recipes from the forum here and wanted to join.

Best,
--Joey

Welcome :mug:
The higher the alcohol content usually you want to age longer.
Hoppy beers are better young.
Most of the rest are pretty much ready to go when fully fermented and then carbonated. (4-6 weeks?)

Thanks! I OD'd on IPAs so avoid hoppy beers quite a bit, and am also force carb'ing most of my beers now(only took 1 bottling session to realize it's worth the money, was brewing sporadically then, now gunning it up and trying to get all 5 kegs full at all times and have extras in waiting).

Good to know, I do go for moderate abv but go for low hop bitterness.

Another noobie (to the site) from Minneapolis (Nordeast as well) here and I thought I would just piggyback this thread rather than start a new one. Been brewing over three years now and will have an occational question, but I also will like discussion and helping those in need.

Hello from the northern suburb. In the process of building my Brutus in my basement. Hope to be done by the end of the month before second child is born. pics of my set up here.

Back