Another convert!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electric_beer

Reaction score
So this weekend I was visiting my parents. I decided that I needed to bring over some nice beers (they usually drink nice wine) for a change of pace.

First brew cracked was Wild Devil. Oh man! What a great beer!! To my surprise and dismay my mom LOVED it! Honestly I was just going to give her a sip (she bought me the book "Wild Brews" and she was curious what they tasted like) and she asked if I could pour her a glass as well. Not to mention my dad liked it, but he was more impressed with the St. Feuillien Triple I'd brought as well. What a great weekend. I'm changing my Coors family after all!

Anyone else have similar results?

Yea I'm often surprised at what beer converts people. I bought Lindemans cherry lambic and Flying Dog's Raging ***** (Belgian-style IPA) over the weekend to drink with my gf. I thought for sure she'd pick the fruity lambic as her favorite, but sure enough, it was the IPA.

Congrats on the convert!

I've been trying to convert people from work. It is indeed surprising what people like sometimes.

I force all of the beers I drink on my wife. She usually will say "It's okay" or more probably "Blech! That's too bitter," but she really loved the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout I "made" her try.

At New Year's, I took 2 kegs: 3 gallons of Light Ale for the BMC types, and 3 gallons of Dunkelweiss for me. :drunk:

The BMC drinkers drank all my Dunkelweiss and (other than SWMBO who POUNDED it) left the Light Ale alone.

Go figure...

:confused:

Latest posts

Back