Another carbing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumham

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been previously answered; I've tried searching with no luck (though I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this). I've currently got a cider with a bit of honey and brown sugar (OG 1.062) that I'm about ready to bottle. It has reached FG at 0.098 using Nottingham yeast. I'm bottle carbing, so my question is if I should add some fresh yeast at bottling, and if so, should it be Notty or something made for a bit higher ABV, like champagne yeast? My last cider with Notty (OG 1.050, FG 1.002) didn't really carb up as much as I'd like, though that could be because I shorted it on the dextrose a bit at bottling in fear of exploding bottles. This cider, though is a lot bigger, so I'm wondering if Notty can handle that kind of ABV. It may also be worth noting that this is just shy of two months old. Thanks for any advice. And if Revvy shows, I've read your bottling thread a few times over (very informative and helpful for a new brewer, btw), and am in no rush on the conditioning phase here, so no need to copy and paste it for me!

Back