Annoying drunk habits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 6 year old so I learned to speak the Spanish I know just at right times a few years ago. Too bad he's like his grandfathers son and I speak Spanish a lot the older he gets.

I get annoyed at the general stupidity of people easier the more I drink.

The one that gets me with my buddies is the more they drink the more they think my hearing is going. Even worse when 2 of them are together cause it turns into a who's the louder idiot.

I'm awesome drunk.

Actually I probably talk too loud. I'm pretty aware of it and find it is annoying so I try to dial it back.

I'm awesome drunk.

Actually I probably talk too loud. I'm pretty aware of it and find it is annoying so I try to dial it back.

Yeah. Its one thing when someone else points out that you're annoying but it's an entirely different matter when you realize it yourself. That's when you know it's bad. Haha.

Yeah. Its one thing when someone else points out that you're annoying but it's an entirely different matter when you realize it yourself. That's when you know it's bad. Haha.
I could be wrong. I will actually ask and people always say that I am not being loud, but I feel like I am. I would much rather think I am annoying and stop it than to actually be annoying.

my right eye closes. my wife calls it "one eying it". and if we're at a bar, I tend to tell anyone that talks to my wife not to hit on her.

I go off on tangents for hours at a time. Whatever the subject of the conversation may be, I turn it from easy banter to in depth discussion in no time. Inner nerd comes out full force.

I get into "Freight Train Voice" mode. I just have this bad habit of talking louder so that whoever I'm talking to can hear me over whatever else is going on, and before you know it I'm at a half shout and haven't even thought about it.

This happens even when I'm not drinking.

Hungry and horny.

The food is usually pretty good, the sex, not as much. I find sober sex a LOT more enjoyable. Well, at least when I'M sober...

Chain smoking. Like I live outside and do nothing but smoke. Don't care if I'm alone, with people, pantless, I smoke.

Chain smoking. Like I live outside and do nothing but smoke. Don't care if I'm alone, with people, pantless, I smoke.

I quit smoking but after a good bender that's the only time the cravings get bad anymore. Bad enough I'll bum one and quickly remember I don't smoke anymore.

Hungry and horny.

The food is usually pretty good, the sex, not as much. I find sober sex a LOT more enjoyable. Well, at least when I'M sober...

Im usually flip flopped. Sex is great and food is crappy but I don't care.

I think my annoying drunk habit, at least to my wife, is trolling home brew talk. I have 3 kids under 3 so being drunk is no longer exciting. Online forums are about as good as it gets at least for the next few months.

I quit smoking but after a good bender that's the only time the cravings get bad anymore. Bad enough I'll bum one and quickly remember I don't smoke anymore.

I don't smoke. Only when I'm drinking. I have a friend I'm always around and he smokes, so I bum till he runs out then he has to run out and buy more. He doesn't drink.

It's good to have friends like that.

I talk loudly... If I'm saying something that should be whispered, I probably say it louder.

I turn into a cigarette mooch. I quit smoking years ago, but if the people I'm drinking with are smoking around me, I am going to bum off of them all night.

If someone asks me to hold their drink while they go to the pisser, I am going to try to see how much of it I can drink without them noticing before they get back. I usually get caught. It turns out drinking half of someone's beverage is not very subtle.

I've been told that when I imbibe to inebriation my bravado meter gets pegged and everything becomes a competition. I'm usually a laid back guy and couldn't give a rat fart about competing in anything other pool or brewing. SWMBO likes to let little skeletons out of the closet when she gets drunk. I have to reel her in periodically to keep the world from knowing all of our dirty little secrets.

So, in the same vein as the OP... what's worse: sober people when you're drunk, or drunk people when you're sober?

Depends on the drunk person and what they are doing.

I've had the pleasure of sitting next to a guy at a bar who had been drinking for a few hours. I got more than a couple of hugs from him before his wife showed up to drive him home.

That was kind of annoying, but if it had been a lady, much less so.

Slightly buzzed: no change
Buzzed: Philosophical (used to write every social philosophy class with a glass of bourbon nearby)
Drunk: EVERYTHING is funny
Very Drunk: Sit motionless and try not to act drunk

I tend to not remember anything past that...although I'm told that at my bachelor party I decided to do pushups while vomiting my guts out at the end of the night.

Slightly buzzed: no change
Buzzed: Philosophical (used to write every social philosophy class with a glass of bourbon nearby)
Drunk: EVERYTHING is funny
Very Drunk: Sit motionless and try not to act drunk

I tend to not remember anything past that...although I'm told that at my bachelor party I decided to do pushups while vomiting my guts out at the end of the night.

That's hard core man! Did you rally?

I was told that I start talking like Joe Pesci and won't shut the f* up or let anybody else talk or I'll crack their f*n head wide open in front of everybody in the bank.

Annoying drunk habit: I tend to tease/poke fun/jest with my friends too much. It's a vicious cycle though, bust one guy's chops about his erectile disfunction and he comes back with an attack on me concerning a past overweight girlfriend. At which point the ball busting becomes a volley till one guy steps over the line or someone gets butt hurt. Men are pretty immature and alcohol amplifies that I think.

Wife's annoying drunk habit: She rarely gets tipsy but when she does she tricks me into bed with her and falls asleep before making good on her promises.

My friends start doing titty twisters when they get drunk. I'm not into that. They know I'll punch them in the face if they try that sht with me.

That's hard core man! Did you rally?

My buddy swears I did and my memory of that time of the night is non-existent :tank:

Wife's annoying drunk habit: She rarely gets tipsy but when she does she tricks me into bed with her and falls asleep before making good on her promises.

That might be the worst one yet

I talk non-stop. The constant thoughts that are always in my head finally get a chance to be voiced.

Sometimes I know it's happening, sometimes I don't. When I know, I have to try hard to stop it.

When I don't know, my clue is my wife asking: "Are you drunk?", The I know I'm talking too much.

Though admittedly, she has asked that when I wasn't drunk at all.

I change the topic of conversation to whatever random thought i think is important enough to interrupt. Then i'm like wait, ok now back to what you were saying

Back