Announcing the release of 'Mash Made Easy' version 9.70

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver_Is_Money

Larry Sayre, Developer of 'Mash Made Easy'
Reaction score
'Mash Made Easy' version 9.70 has been released in both the standard and metric formats. MME is a mash pH adjustment assistant spreadsheet. It also offers an abundant selection of brewing utility/accessory software on the tabs/sheets line.

Change: Adds the ability to manually override the default (or internally selected) BC (Buffering Coefficient) for all grist component malts and unmalted grains. Units for the BC override are mEq/Kg_pH.

Note: Mash Made Easy (MME) has always allowed for the manual override of a malt or unmalted grains DI_pH. This feature is retained.

The ability to input actual measured buffering coefficients (BC's) in addition to actual measured deionized water pH values (pHDI, or DI_pH) for all malts and umalted grains should provide for a major improvement in accuracy for anyone capable of titrating to determine their specific lots deionized water pH value and buffering coefficient.

This is a major change, and all users who are capable of benefiting from this added feature are urged to transition to this release.

As always, MME is both free and complete, and it can be downloaded at the web link as seen below.

Last edited:
It has been brought to my attention that fonts may be causing text cells to overflow their allotted space due to the downsizing required whereby to add the new BC manual override feature, leaving some text truncated and difficult to read.

I've fixed this a few times now simply by installing the following font files for LibreOffice running under Linux:

1) fonts-croscore
2) fonts-dejavu
3) fonts-dejavu-core
4) fonts-dejavu-extra

Check and add any of the above font sets which are missing in your operating system install. Then re-launch LibreOffice and see if the font size problem vanishes. The install of these fonts package is not done from the spreadsheet, but rather just as for any other file or program install. I believe it most likely comes down to not having #1 or #4 installed, with particular emphasis upon #4, but check for all of them and install those not presently installed. What you need is the "condensed" fonts set, and I believe this is part of the 'extra' fonts package. This font set (from Bitstream) is likely also available for use by Windows LibreOffice and Windows Excel.

The next step if the above fails is to re-size the main page.

Back