Announcing the Fisher Woodcraft(Joe) and Spitfire Trivia Contest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitfire

Reaction score
Fisher Woodcraft(Joe) and Myself(Spitfire) recently became vendor's on the site.

We wanted to team up and give back to a great community that has given so much to us.

We put together a trivia contest and will each be giving a beer tap away as prizes. Here is how this will work.

In the next few days I will be posting 20 trivia questions. Anybody and everybody is able to participate in the contest as long as you are in US or Canada

Once the questions are posted(Sometime between now and Sunday) you will have until midnight May 8th to submit your answers to me via PM.

When sending in your answers I want the answers only, please do not include the questions, just answers. Very important......Number all answers and send them in order. Your answers will be scored in order the questions were posted. It should look something like this.
1) beer
2)tap
3)keg
etc

Th prizes. If we have multiple people get all answers correct we will put their names in a hat and draw out 2 names for the winners. If nobody gets an answers right then we will got to the person who got the most right. If multiple people got the same amount right again we will draw names from a hat for the 2 winners.

What you can win.

One winner will get to pick an in stock tap from Fisher Woodcraft's website. In stock tap only.

The other winner will get a tap from me and will be made to order meaning you tell me the colors(up to 2 colors) and I will make it for you specific to what you want.

Once the contest is over and the winners are announced we will post the answers to the questions for all to see.

We want this to be fun while giving back to the community. I expect quite a few entrants so please be patient as we go through them once the deadline past to declare the winners.

Thanks
Jason and Joe :mug:

Questions will be posted in the next few days in this message to keep an eye out for it.

Ok, here they are. Please include 1 answer only. No I think this is it but you are probably looking for this as your answer. if you send a response like that what ever you answer with first will be the final answer.

The results are in

So the bad news. We only had 12 people enter into the contest. With the forum having over 20k members we were hopping for a little better turnout :(

The good news is EVERYBODY who entered is going to win :rockin:

Here are the winners
Note- All winners please contact the vendor you won the prize from for shipping details or any questions.

Grand Prize Winners Both got all 20 questions right
KingBrianI- wins a tap handle from Fisher Woodcraft
FrFtr28- wins a tap handle from Spitfire

All of the following names were pulled at random to make it as fair as possible.

The following people get 20% off your next order to Fisher Woodcraft
Pete79
uglytunasaloona
llazy llama
Hayabusa
avaserfi

The following people get 20% off your next order from Spitfire
Reno envy 446
DrinksWellWithothers
Cayuga
XXguy
Kungpaodog

Here are the answers

1) Q. What beer did Latrobe Brewery introduce in 1939, the same year as the first US Airmail drop?
A. Rolling Rock

2) Q. What beer was named after Moses Cleaveland of Connecticut, who founded the city of Cleveland in 1796?
A. Holy Moses Belgian Wit Ale, Great Lakes Brewing Company, Cleveland, Ohio, USA.

3) Q. Name two breweries that delivered beer by hitch-and-wagon to the White House on the day Prohibition was lifted in 1933?
A. Anheuser-Busch and Yuengling Brewery.

4) Q. When this state voted in favor of the 18th Amendment on January 16, 1919, prohibition went into effect. What state was this?
A. Nebraska

5) Q. Name two beers that carry a 33 on their labels.
A. Rolling Rock, formerly made in Latrobe, PA(currently manufactured in New Jersey) and 33 Export, largely available in Vietnam in the 70’s, now a French beer.

6) Q. What was Mr. Blatz’s first name - of the Blatz Brewery in Wisconsin?
A. Valentine

7) Q. In Michael Jackson’s First World Guide to Beer, what did he call “an endangered species”?
A. Ales.

8)What is Cenosillicaphobia the fear of?

Answer: Fear of an empty glass

9)What was the length of Prohibition?

Answer: Prohibition lasted 13 years, 10 months, 19 days, 17 hours, 32 1/2 minutes

10) Q Who created bottle caps or "crowns"?

A William Painter

11)True or False

Beer is the most popular beverage in the world?

A false

12) Q Who was the first American to brew lager?

A John Wagner
(A lot of people answered Iron City, which may have been correct if it were asking for the name of the brewery that first brewed lager in America but the question was asking for the first American that brewed lager in America)

13) Q. What state has had more breweries in its history than any other state?
A. Pennsylvania

14) Q. What is the world’s oldest trademark?
A. The Bass symbol, a red triangle, registered in 1876.

15) Q. What 1983 arcade game challenges players to coordinate the movements of beer, bartenders, empty beer mugs, and customers?
A. Tapper

16) Q. What beer was the first beer to win a blue ribbon at the Chicago World’s Fair in 1893?
A. Pabst, thus earning the title, “Pabst Blue Ribbon.

17) Q. What is the oldest brewery in North America?
A. Molson, established in 1786.
(A lot of people had trouble with this one as well. Most people answered Yuengling which would be correct if the question asked who the oldes brewery in the US was, but it asked who the oldest brewery in North America was)

18) Q. When Yuengling was established in 1829, it was not called Yuengling. What was it’s first name?
A. The Eagle Brewery

19)Q. What year were the first beer can produced?

A. 1935

20) true or false

the oldest known recipe in the world is for beer?

true

Joe and I had fun doing this and might run a contest at another point in time.

Thanks
Jason and Joe :mug:

Hey gang! Just so you don't feel like you missed out if you got all of the questions correct, Jason and I will add to the pot a bit.

Each person who gets all 20 questions correct will get a 20% off coupon for either FisherWoodcraft or Spitfire, up to 5 coupons from each of us.

Good luck, and have fun!

-Joe

Hello again! Thought I'd post up with the handles the winner gets to choose from:

aus_myrtle_classic1_1.jpg

aus_myrtle_classic2_1.jpg

cocobolo_oval1.jpg

taphandle_birdseye032909_1.jpg

taphandle_redwoodburl1.jpg

taphandle_redwoodburl2.jpg

taphandle_zebrawood.jpg

The first two are a matched set and have some very small cracks from the drying process, so if the winner decides on one of those for free, I'll be sure to give a nice discount on buying the second one.

-Joe

There are not nearly enough entries into this contest....Send your answers in!!!!!!!

You only have until tomorrow midnight to submit your answers.

OMG I won! I never win anything! I'm so happy, I think I'm going to cry!:) Thanks spitfire and fisher woodcraft for sponsoring this contest! This is awesome, I'm piecing together my kegorator right now and a tap handle brilliantly turned by Joe is just what I need.:rockin::mug::D:ban:

Congrats to all the winners! Brian, there will be no crying ;)

I was just talking with Spitfire about the coupons. Each of our styles is very different and some folks may prefer one over the other. If you decide you'd like to trade the coupon you won with someone else, that's cool. Just please work it out with the other person and make sure you both Spitfire or me so we can keep track of who's got what :)

Thanks, and I'm glad everyone had fun. Maybe we'll do it again some time!

-Joe

I am truly surprised that I won. I have been contemplating whether or not to get into kegging, and this has definitely made the decision for me. This is freaking amazing. I can't thank you guys enough for this! :mug: :rockin:

Back