Anniversary Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

covered95

Reaction score
I started brewing on Dec 31 2006 with an extract recipe. I am now on my third all grain batch. I am currently soliciting ideas for my one year anniversary batch to be brewed on 12/31/07. Whats your best brew that I should consider to celebrate one year in ths fantastic hobby/sport/way of life? Thanks for the help!

Possibly the cheapest batch you can make, and then have a few friends over and pound it all.

Do something you've never done before but that you like. If you've never decocted, but want to decoct, do that. What's out there that you haven't done yet?

And, if you can't decide, brew two batches. :)

TL

I started brewing on Dec 30 2006 and will be brewing my anniversary beer on Dec 30 which will be and Imperial Bourbon Barrel Brown. The first beer I brewed was a Brown Ale kit from the LHBS so I figured that I would tweak that recipe, up the grain bill and secondary it on bourbon soaked oak cube for a month or so. So I guess what I'm suggesting is why not tweak the first recipe you did.

Just in the mood for a great beer. Just made a doppelbock and a honey lager. Recently made a repeat of my frst brew as well, so I think that might be out. Incidentallythat was my last extract batch, seemed appropriate. Thanks for the ideas, I'll let you know what I come up with.

Back