And two months later...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBasile

Reaction score
Well, life happened. With everything involved in getting my portfolio ready for graduation, and then the subsequent lack of energy and motivation after being faced with no scholarly requirements my kegerator is about to run dry and I haven't brewed in I think over 2 months!

I plan on jumping back into the swing of things though with four brews in four weeks. Stone Smoked Porter with Chipotles clone (with WLP007), and Simple Blonde (with WLP001), my Festivus Ale (ginger, orange, cinnamon, and Saaz hops with WLP007), and then my Matt's Blue Ribbon Pale Ale with WLP001. Hopefully I'll be able to stagger everything properly and keep temps up to get these done on schedule. WOOT!

Yeast starter is cold crashing in the fridge. Just need to get propane in the morning and then I'll be good to go, again!

Ahhh...the early morning last errand propan until you brew....I do love those days....foggy mornings, early breakfast, get everything done...Brew and a beer by 10:30 am :D

I'm in the same position. Haven't brewed in a good month. Running dry. Brewed two batches Sunday and one last night. Maybe another this week...

I'm in the same position. Haven't brewed in a good month. Running dry. Brewed two batches Sunday and one last night. Maybe another this week...

I'm limited to one batch per week since I'm anal about fermentation temperatures and I can only temp control one carboy at a time :(

Nailed the pre-boil gravity on the smoked porter. Woot!

Grats! :fro:

Too bad I then made a rookie mistake and didn't realize that it was supposed to be a 90 minute boil, and I did a 60 :tank:

FG ended up being 1.057 instead of 1.066, calculated IBU's 41 instead of 45. I'm not too concerned.

Back