Ammo Box March Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ammo Box from Princess Auto. $6.99

PICT00061.JPG

PICT00071.JPG

PICT00111.JPG

PICT00121.JPG

Still have to add some vent holes and I'm trying to decide on a way to add a place to plug in the extension cord.

I want some sort of plug, not a cord sticking out.

Any electricians able to tell me what my best (and cheapest) option is for a outlet (inlet)? I don't want a cord hanging out and I don't really like the idea of a x-cord with 2 male ends.

I would like to be able to plug the female end of an x-cord directly into the box.

You should be able to go to a hardware store and find a replacement male end 3-prong connector. This connector will have three areas in which to screw in a wire and you can just mount it flush with your ammo box, or have it hang off as a nub a bit. I have used these when testing motors that I find. It is something like this

Or you could steal an inset male plug off an old computer power supply...
I think radioshack also sells these for fairly cheap.

Jmilton1987: That link isn't working.

leboeuf and Ice9: I didn't think of that. I could use a computer power wire as an in between to the x-cord. That way I could just stick it in the box when I'm done. I'll look into this.

rabeb25: What is it you are referring too?

I'm not too sure what rabeb25's getting at. I've used the method I mentioned for numerous projects. I've also seen people use speakon speaker connections, xlr (microphone) patch connections.... there's a lot of connection stuff out there.

OK guys thanks, I'll see if I can get any of those connectors locally.

Yes, I've got some iron in there. [EDIT: No it was Galvanized, just looks weird in the pics, still mean to rpelace it eventually.] I'll replace it with brass when I find a place that has nipples and T's that aren't 10 bucks each.

I've already spent a small fortune changing my Keggles to 1/2" from 3/8's and adding all the camlock connectors, and march pump.

Living in Canada = Ass raped on pricing

Went with the IEC chassis connector as I had one on an old computer. I was having a hard time finding one of the regular 3 prong inlets locally. Also added a water resistant switch. I'll post pics later.

Found a cheaper source for brass so I'll probably swap out the galv for brass soon. If the pump has any problems horizontal like it is not I'll do it vertically. A brass street elbow might be short enough, the polysufin 90 is a bit long.

I wish you could get round "levers" for the ball valves so I didn't need such a long run of pipe.

Changed up the plumbing some what. I looked at brass but it was a $25 price difference over the galvanized, so galv for now.

My Mom saw it and said it looked like a bomb. LOL

PICT0019.JPG

PICT0027.JPG

PICT0023.JPG

PICT0031.JPG

I'll probably tidy the wiring up a bit more. I might add a small 12v power supply and a 1.5" fan.

For now I'll just crack the case open for ventilation. Hmm.. A bullet hole would look more appropriate though.

dude you need to lose the galvanized pipe. IMHO that's worse then the black pipe. Neither one should be used for drinking water, thus should not be used for beer.

Note to self: no beer swaps with Denny until this is changed, being poisoned with galvanized beer is not on my list of things to do.

Galvanized is definitely poisonous. We had a guy at work get sick and have to go to the hospital for drinking from galvanized plumbling.

OK you sunz of bitches.. I changed it all to brass.

Next you'll be tellin' me my lead pipes aren't good enough for tap water!

JK. (apfelwein in the afternoon sun)

I need to shine the brass up so it looks like gold. Then I'll repost pics.

I don't think I'd go with brass, either. You should probably switch everything out for stainless steel. You know, just to be on the safe side, and since you want this to last 150,000 years and all...

I don't think I'd go with brass, either. You should probably switch everything out for stainless steel. You know, just to be on the safe side, and since you want this to last 150,000 years and all...

I think these words say it best: **** off!

:D

Besides, so much SS comes from china now. And for some reason the Chinese seem to use lead in everything. So god knows what really in their stainless steal.

Pretty slick.... and here I thought I had the market cornered on ammo box brewing....welcome to the club brother...

One quick question? That march pump is meant to be air cooled, how is it holding up in a warm confined space?

Pretty slick.... and here I thought I had the market cornered on ammo box brewing....welcome to the club brother...

One quick question? That march pump is meant to be air cooled, how is it holding up in a warm confined space?

I'm going to add vent holes, possibly a 1.5" fan. For now I'm going to just crack the case open an inch.

BTW, wall have you ammo boxed?

C'mon man, spray painting that black pipe silver to make us think it's galvanized and now gold to make us think it's brass doesn't cut it! Geez!! ;)

That CO2 tank looks to be situated rather precariously! Might not be so cool if it falls and busts the regulator, a gage or wort case, the tank valve.

cmon.... co2 tank balanced perfectly on kegs full of beer for a few guys with loaded guns and a vast thirst..... what could go wrong there?... LOL it made it through the whole week....

Back