american stainless conicals from PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree I am also confused? did they change the design or something? I found that only 10-12ft of the discharge hose would be more than plenty to work effectively I used about 15-17 ft and found the temps drop faster (like twice as fast) than my cool zone carboy jacket.

I actually got a Blichmann 14.5 gal conical which you can see below with the high legs. I was hoping to use the same cooling technique with the flat hose and pump, but then realized that the legs go all the way up to the lid. Any idea if I can still get enough cooling for ales with the reduced contact area if I wrap everything to insulate it?

stainless_steel_conical_fermenter.jpg

Damn, that's a shame. Glad I got my two when I did. Wonder who's got the best deal now? Stout? I haven't looked at the new Spike ones much.

I am looking at Spike's 14 gallon fermenter. Welds on their kettles are awesome.

Honestly I would expect them to be for just about twice the price I paid for the AHB one... That's the cost of being American made I guess..

The welds on mine are ALMOST perfect. I found one tiny imperfection on the lid TC fitting. There are some sharper edges on the stand of mine though.. I would imagine the finish of the spike conical would be better.. Again since I was jacketing and insulating mine, these cosmetic wouldnt effect function and therefore weren't a priority for me.

I know this is an old thread, but I have one of the 12.5 gallon conicals, and the gaskets are getting pretty beat-up.
The top gasket can be replaced with a Stout Tanks SP15LG, it's a bit tight, but fits fine.
Does anyone know where to get the thinner gasket, finding it hard to source.
Thx.

I know this is an old thread, but I have one of the 12.5 gallon conicals, and the gaskets are getting pretty beat-up.
The top gasket can be replaced with a Stout Tanks SP15LG, it's a bit tight, but fits fine.
Does anyone know where to get the thinner gasket, finding it hard to source.
Thx.
mine only came with 2 thicker ones... I assumed one was a spare and only installed one around the lid its always sealed fine with the clasp and ive never had an issue you can try contacting the vendor in the alibaba link above if its still good

Back