American Pale Ale, my first creation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My review:

So this beer is complete. It came out phenomenal. I actually didnt have the last addition of ahtanum in dry hop so I used cascade instead, which is a fine substitution. I actually did a second dry hop to amplify the citra flavor by adding one more ounce of citra. The second dry hop was about a week after the first. Taken off about 5 days after the second dry hop for an overnight secondary then bottle. If you like sculpin then you will also like this one. It has a distinct bubblegum flavor aftertase so it was named bubblegum ipa. The last six bottled beers I added one cup of v8 splash(berry) on top of the priming sugar it already contained. These were appropriately named bubblegum extra ipa and taste significantly more like very hoppy fruit stripe gum. Its not a very heavy beer, extremyly drinkable and very refreshing. I would really enjoy one on a hot day for sure. Make sure if you try it to make the adjustments I made and to use the very last revision I posted here. I would love to hear some feedback!

Also this was bottled for 6 weeks. Ive tried it throughout and its matured significantly.

Back