Amber Pint Glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swankyswede

Reaction score
Anyone know of a place to get them? I found an opaque black one, but it has AC/DC branding all over it, and while they surely are a rocking band, I dont necessarily need to see Angus' ugly mug every time I drink a beer in the sun.

those reused bottle glasses are sweet! little too much for me i think though, but i may save up for a two pack of the arrogant bastards

I decided I would also post these up for you. I remember seeing some in the goodwill/thrift store.

DISCLAIMER: I am only posting these as pics/possible lead. I have no affiliation with these people and know nothing about them! I see these often in thrift stores/antique stores. BTW I googled: brown glass beer mug to find these.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/38045363/sale-siesta-ware-amber-glass-6-piece

or

http://www.ecrater.com/p/5056892/antique-amber-glass-beer-stein

I will also note that while I do like the recycled bottles, they seem to come in 2 variates:
- cut in a machine, thick walls but not alot of room
or
- blown/streched glass, and the walls are thin. (the thin walls kinda scare me. I am not renowned for my "cat like gracefulness", add beer and... well you get the idea!)

Have you noticed a problem with using a normal clear glass in the sun? I thought skunking takes a while to occur.

Have you noticed a problem with using a normal clear glass in the sun? I thought skunking takes a while to occur.

It happens pretty fast, and its especially noticeable if it's high in IBUs. Take a bottle of something hoppy, pour half in a regular pint glass and keep the other half in the bottle. Set them both in the sun for 15 minutes, and taste the difference.

Blue:
product_thumb.php

Shiny:
product_thumb.php

fancy schmancy
product_thumb.php

B

Party cups are the best for outside. If you drop them they don't break. And I seem more prone to dropping cups outside. Probably because there's not as many counters or tables out there.

Back