Amazon Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the hops arrived and instead of 8 oz, they sent 1 lb. Thing is I really don't need a pound, but whatever. They are sealed and I have no plans for them any time soon, so their condition will remain a myster.

Attachments

• 20211028_183528.jpg
    20211028_183528.jpg
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 7
Well, the hops arrived and instead of 8 oz, they sent 1 lb. Thing is I really don't need a pound, but whatever. They are sealed and I have no plans for them any time soon, so their condition will remain a myster.
It has a HopsDirect label on it, vacuum packed in their thick multilayer O2-barrier bag, so that's the origin, and pretty positive.

We don't know their harvest year or how they were stored until you got them.
Anything on the package/box/label where they originated?

Last edited:
Vendor said they are 2017. Shipped by Amazon from California via USPS. If one is really concerned about getting money back if they are not up to snuff, one can open the package and evaluate condition, but I'm not going to repackage to find out.

The only brewing stuff I have ever found a good deal on from Amazon is dry yeast. Sometimes you can get five or six packets for a great price per packet. Ebay is good for that too. Any malt or extract on Amazon is always overpriced. I get all my grain and hops from Morebeer. Grain by the pound from Morebeer, if you get 10 pounds or more more with free shipping, is cheaper per pound than buying it by the sack from anywhere. Unless you have a commercial brewer friend who sells you some of his at cost.

I get all my grain and hops from Morebeer. Grain by the pound from Morebeer, if you get 10 pounds or more more with free shipping, is cheaper per pound than buying it by the sack from anywhere. Unless you have a commercial brewer friend who sells you some of his at cost.
I'm fortunate to live less than 10 miles from a MoreBeer location. I usually buy my base malts by the 50lb sack and buy my specialty grains in 2-5lb lots and break them down in air-purged sealed bags for my receipes.

Back