Amazing read (Chernobyl)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the pics are indeed taken in those areas, her story isn't all true. From Wikipedia:

The photos are arranged in the form of a story presented as an account of a trip by a biker who got a permit to travel alone in the radiation zone. However, Chernobyl tour guides and tourists to Chernobyl have claimed that Filatova visited the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone only as part of an organized tour. Chernobyl tour guide Yuriy Tatarchuk recalls that Filatova "booked a tour, wore a leather biker jacket and posed for pictures." Her website appeared soon after.

definitely cool...really makes you think...especially about what will become of the wildlife.

Buford said:
While the pics are indeed taken in those areas, her story isn't all true. From Wikipedia:

Humm interesting. Have to look into that, I have a hard time believing half the stuff on wiki. Just from a quick look I can't find any info on it being fake. :confused:

ScubaSteve said:
definitely cool...really makes you think...especially about what will become of the wildlife.

Or of the water supply's if that place caves in.

Yeah, I've seen that before and it is chilling. Even if portions were staged (which you never know with the Wiki) the bulk of it I am sure contains enough truth that it speaks volumes.

ScubaSteve said:
The wildlife at Chernobyl was just recently on NPR. They were talking about how it has become a haven for wildlife and they are going to turn it into wildlife preserve.

I guess they have rebounded faster than anyone could imagine.

Back