Amateur Drinkers Night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zul'jin

Reaction score
It's tomorrow night. Chill down your home brew and stay the hell home. That's what I'm doing and I'm getting profukinfessionaly drunk. 12 million dollars says someone who doesn't live here wakes up here next year.

I'm dogsitting. Can't bring the homebrew with me, but he says that I'm free to the fridge full of beer in his garage. The owner, not the dog, said that. The dog is too old to drink.

Slainte mates!

Be safe this NYE. I'll be by the fireplace with my girl, the dog (thankfully), the cat and some homebrew.

Here's to the new year!

HAHAH I love the title! I have to work Thursday Night into Fri morning at the hospital so ill be sober dealing with all the n00b drunks. Friday a friend is coming over and we are going to tap my Dubble and IPA i just kegged.

I'm with ya. Hell, it was fun in my early twenties, but anymore, who wants to pay a cover to get in a bar that's normally free, then wait in line to get a lousy drink from a pissed off bartender?

I almost always stay in for New years, Cinco De Mayo, St. Patricks day, basically any "get drunk" holiday. I totally agree and was just telling my roommate that they are "amateur night" and I'd rather not be out with all the ****** bags. I still have plenty of homebrew to get me through.

Home night for me and the missus as well. Now only to decide on homebrew or Balvenie Doublewood...

YEahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Just keep me away from people ordering drinks that end in "-bomb". I'll be having my own bombers. I live near a bit of a rager street. It's gonna be jammin around here with noobs.

Definitely thinking of hitting the local Binny's to stock up on a world tour of beers, then staying home and drinking. If I was cool enough, I'd get beers from each different time zone and toast the new year as it hits each spot across the world. However, that's way too much work for me to put in this year.

Enjoy all!

My in-laws are stopping by today for a few days to celebrate Christmas/New Years....my father-in-law and I will be enjoying my Belgian Triple IPA tonight.

well I've got that nasty licorice brew and am betting that "Dude that stuff is nasty" will be taken as a challenge so maybe I'll get rid of some of it like that.
Gonna try gentleman jack. Dude at work says its good.
Drunken wii and whatever the neighbors do.
And fire. Always. Got a Christmas tree so dry it snaps.

Staying in with a couple of friends that enjoy the homebrew for some good food and some drunken Wii (and praying that Little One sleeps through the night tonight).

Ours is 7mo and we still pray that prayer nightly!

Ours is 5 months and most nights he'll finally doze off around 8:30 - 9:00pm and stay "asleep" (or at least not crying in bed) until 6:30am. But the combo of teething and a cold has made him ornery the past couple of nights.

But since a few of my friends have the same thought process as most people here (why go out when you can stay in and enjoy a homebrew) and they don't mind coming over for NYE, makes our night much easier.

Wait, it was new year's eve last night? I fell asleep around 9:30pm & woke up this morning to find out it's 2010.

The 18 mo. old slept all night & even slept in a little this morning. A good start to the new year.

zul'jin's darkspear front porch couch sitting cousins woke me up with explosions on the dawning of the new year. it was cloudy, and the sky was glowing red and green, pretty sweet, especially when the moon poked his head through...

now it's snowing and i can't see the end of the drive.

happy new years.

Happy new years! I had a great night drinking homebrew kolsch, porter, pale ale and ipa. Also whiskey at some point. We played Wii, Citadels, and Dominion. At about 3am some more friends showed up and they were so drunk it passed off on me a bit and I started to lose it. Wrapped up the night with my first porcelain confessional in months and this afternoon when I awoke I felt good as new.

Back