• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Florida Amarillo Hops Pellet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jekeane

Reaction score
Thank you for the interest! I have been taking care of sick little ones for a few days and am just getting back up and running.

UPDATE 4/10 @ 9:30pm Shipping those who have paid from bag 1&2 tomorrow 4/11 with the exception of the two people who have "special requests". I should have the rest of the padded mailers i ordered from the post office soon and when I do I will break down the next two bags and contact those who have reserved them about payment. thanks everyone for the patience sealing all these things up is a bit of a project!

UPDATE 4/11 Shipped most of group 1&2 this morning all should be delivered by by Thursday. I waited till midday to ship because I didn't want the hops sitting in a mail truck or depot in the heat for an extra day or two waiting for a business day. I am in FL and half of them say Wednesday other half (western us) say Thursday. My fellow Floridian should get his tomorrow. I can send you your tracking # if you need it, send me a pm.

Update 4/13 Good News: Mailers arrived today for bags 3 & 4. Bad News: I broke apart bag 3 and it was short a little over a # because of hop dust and crumbles. I havent done bag 4 yet but if the same thing happens I will have to bump a person or two. I will choose by time/day stamp of the request. Unfortunately I was unable to get another bag from my friend. I will send Messages out after I break down bag 4 tonight.

Update 4/15 Good News: It looks like I have everyone from the lists covered. I sent out "invoices" tonight. All the hops are packaged and in the freezer waiting for labels and will go out on Monday morning assuming they are paid for. I brewed last night using some of the crumbled leftovers and my fermentation chamber smells great! If I hear from anyone who wishes to back out I will let wait list people know.

Update 4/18 Everyones hops that are paid for (which is all but 1) are going out tomorrow morning they are all packaged in their envelopes and sitting in my freezer. I have only heard good things about the hops I sent out, they have all seemed to survive the trip. I did find 1 failed vacuum bag in my freezer (i did not send that one to anybody) as I was packing up the hops. So be sure to check you bags after you get them. Slight folds in the bag can cause them to not seal right but 1 out of the 60 or so i did seems a pretty good rate.

Amarillo 8.5-9% A.A 2014 crop

Looking for $12 per lb plus shipping

All hops are spoken for at the moment

Payment: Shipping for 1-3# is $6.80 and will be in a large flat rate padded envelope. Those who asked for 3# portions they just barely fit in the envelope. I think they should be ok but you may consider using a box which will be $13.50.

Unfortunately with the recent rate changes I couldn't find much better rates that didn't involve me hunting down 45 free boxes which i don't have time to do between taking care of my boys and my drinking.

My paypal info and your total will be in a pm to you. If you don't want them just let me know so I can move down to the waiting list.

Bag 1 & Bag 2 buyers can pay now if they still want to buy them and I will get them out asap.

Bag 3 & Bag 4 buyers I will update this post and msg you when I have broken down the bags and recieved mailers from usps (my guess is by Sunday or Monday)

1st bag: 10#

3# Brick_haus
3# JonnyRotten

1# Hub151
1# Jimboj79
2# Yumbor44

2nd Bag: 10# paid

1# Sloth64
2# Transamguy77
1# Jimmywalker55
*2# Brewingmeister
2# Drummingguy
1# BeerRunBrewery

1# Beer_Lord

3rd Bag 10#

2# Divrguy
2# Jzimpleman

2# Old bucket (withdrew)
2# Atom
2# Evsol

4th Bag 10#

2# Wyowolf
3# rvascott
2# Nutty_gnome
1# m00ps

2# yooper

Everyone above assuming they decide to buy them is in for hops. As I have packaged the first two 11lb bags they are really 10.5# bags of pellets with .5# of fragments and dust, so i'm not sure exactly what ill end up with and have assumed 10# per bag. If I get more than 10# per bag the people on the waiting list are first. I may also try and see if i can get my hands on another bag.

Waiting List:

Face Eater
JDiz
Pangaia

Last edited:
Updated with a list above. I will get shipping info for those who asked and will pm with totals when I get the cheapest numbers.
I still have a fair bit left for anyone else interested.

i'm interested in a few lbs but if i am reading your post right that would be $13ish in shipping? any cheaper options?

If you are still doing this thing. I'm in for 1lb or more. Just found out I need to make more of this IPA which has a lot of amarillo.

PM me once you catch up with everyone else

Hey Everyone I am hopefully going to get everyone updated tonight.

My little ones and I had the plague for the past several days and we are just getting out underneath it.

Hey Everyone I am hopefully going to get everyone updated tonight.

My little ones and I had the plague for the past several days and we are just getting out underneath it.

You are not mailing me plague tainted amarillo, sir. I dont need it THAT bad
This is how pandemics start. First me, then every person that tries my IPA. I was planning on bringing it to a festival....

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, take your time and get well. I'll be ready whenever you are. No fear of the plague here!

AS of Right now no more hops everyone that got in before this post or sent me a message before 4/7 at 8:30pm est should be getting the hops they requested. I am working on sending out pms and building a list for each bag. I will updated ASAP. It's a lot of hops and takes about an hour to break down each 11lb bag I have half done and should be able to get the rest done by the weekend.

EDIT: There were a few people that didn't make it in for sure and were put on a "waitlist" the bags are a little short of 11# so some people got left out. I will let those people know if others back out. I am also trying to get my hands on some more hops but i'm not sure if i can, or if they will be the same year.

There is an update in the first post from last night. Sounds like shipping is starting today.

updated original thread Bag 1 & 2 shipped. Bags 3 & 4 will get an "invoice pm" as soon as the postal service delivers my mailers.

updated original thread Bag 1 & 2 shipped. Bags 3 & 4 will get an "invoice pm" as soon as the postal service delivers my mailers.

Great!

Also, you had my username misspelled on page 1. "U" not "v". Just didn't want to miss the pm. Thx!

Update 4/13 Good news / bad news Good News: Mailers arrived today for bags 3 & 4. Bad News: I broke apart bag 3 and it was short a little over a # because of hop dust and crumbles. I haven't done bag 4 yet but if the same thing happens I will have to bump a person or two. I planned on each bag giving 10# rather than the labeled 11# and still looks like I will be short, sorry... I will choose by time/day stamp of the request.. Unfortunately I was unable to get another bag from my friend. I will send Messages out after I break down bag 4 tonight.

Back