Am I the only person on this forum who likes beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And then there was a couple of people who just liked brewing for an excuse to sanitize. I think that's a great reason to make beer. I'd encourage you to continue. If you ever need to get rid of that extra beer, so you can make room for more sanitizing, you can send it my way.

haha, if I had been drinking a beer it would be all over my monitor now, to funny, this type of response almost makes me think your british, dry wit and all...

Typically, the darker the beer (with the exception of those sneaky, tasty, crystal clear IPAs, IIPAs, IIIPAs, you get my drift ;) ) the more I like it. I like beer that has flavor or character.

However, I can kick back a bud with the guys at the ballgames.

So, I reckon' I like my beer!

I like beer!

Will I drink all beers? No

There are a lot of beers that I will not drink because of the moral stance the company holds with their business ethics. There are too many good beers put out by good companies to waste time and money supporting the corrupt ones.

Some of my first "real" beers that I enjoyed were porters and stouts, but now I find that I don't enjoy them as much. I love hop aroma, but anything hoppier than a DFH 60min IPA is pushing it. The 90min is meah I guess, and the 120min is a crappy beer, I don't care what the price tag says.

This was pretty predictable. I saw this one start and wondered how long it would take to get shut down. Not yet - I'm mildly surprised.

Do any of you guys like beer?

Yes, give me a beer I will drink it. If nothing else is around, the beer is warm, a little green, yea it will go down. Give me a bud, sure, coors, why not. Micro, Dublin, German, hell yea.
I have turned down one beer before, it was my own. There was not enough for my family and friends so i lost out, I would rather give and let my family and friends enjoy than drink it myself (plus I had plenty more at home).

I to have to agree with what you say though, I have to many friends that are what we call Beer snobs. They will turn their nose up to anything but a micro or home brew. Good post man!:mug:

Is it OK to be a beer snob as long as you don't force your opinions on others?

I'm happy being a Beer Snob, and I will pretty much turn my nose up at BMC, but look at it this way, there is more for you.

The logic in the first post is so horrible. Pie, yes, great. I generally like pie.

Now, let me make that nice cherry pie that's in your head with 1/2 of the cherries you're used to. I'll just add in some rice to fill the gap and maybe some extra cherry flavoring since it'll probably be lacking that. For the crust, well.. I know it doesn't look nice and flaky, but I didn't have any eggs to make it with. Just some flour and water.

Yes, it will still taste kind of like a pie, but is this really a pie anymore?

Beer is beer, and I really only like to drink good beer just like I really only like to eat pies that are made really well with the right ingredients. I don't think it's snobby to seek out something that is obviously made better than mass produced beer. But each person has their own tastes. If you don't like a craft beer regularly then that's just your personal taste.

i haven't read through all 11 pages, maybe this has been said..
but, original post, that's a pretty stupid way to look at it.

If that were the case, I guess most people here don't like music either! Unless you really enjoy country, jazz, rap, rock, classical, middle eastern, pop, avante-garde and metal.

Oh yeh and I guess not many people enjoy FOOD either! Unless you liked 87% or more of all types of food.

I mean come on, there are so many different beers, you do not have to like them all to 'like beer'.
I think it's pretty clear if someone says they don't like beer, then they don't like any beer, but if they say they like beer, then they enjoy drinking at least one type or brand of beer.

That's all.:tank:

I like BEER. I'll drink a Coors Light or a straight Lambic or an Imperial Stout just the same if you put it in front of me. :mug: I'm not a huge fan of most fruit beers (unless it's a fruit Lambic) and most smoked beers made with Rauchmalt aren't my cup of tea, but malty, balanced, hoppy, sour, big, or small, I like them all! :D

Yes I like beer,well made beer,not that swill you drink at times.
I won't drink a macro beer anymore.
Well I did try that Bud american ale,but for a dollar or 2 more,I can buy much better.

Before we get locked, hopefully I can get my $.02.

Beer is beer. Budweiser is an American Lager, which is a beer. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a Pale Ale, also a beer. Whether or not you like drinking it, doesn't change the fact that beer is beer.

As it's been mentioned at least twice on the 14 or so pages, stating that you "like beer", only means that you enjoy beer in some form. It doesn't imply that you like "every beer". For this, you would have to say "I like every beer that has ever been made."

There, all of you are smarter now, go enjoy the rest of your day. :D

I would like to throw in that saying you like sex does not mean you like sex with rosie o`donald.

Once I'm older and (godwilling) more financially stable, I'll be able to be more sophisticated with my drinking choices. Until then, bring on any and all beers!

Except Steel Reserve hhaha.

I don't like un-fruited lambic. I would not drink it if offered. I like IPA's but I once had a beer with IBU's so far off the chart that I threw up. Aside from those exceptions I'll drink most anything put in front of me. And I'll try anything once. I've had garlic beer, chili beer, pepper wheat (it was yummy) and of course all sorts of fruit beers.

When faced with 5 gallons of homebrew that didn't turn out quite as planned, my palate somehow becomes a lot less discerning. Also the price I pay inversely correlates with the number of varieties I'll drink (ie. for free almost anything).

As a matter of fact, I hate beer. I'm only in it for the women. You wouldn't believe the amount of ***** I score by homebrewing.

Back