Aloha Everyone!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jolmundo

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to brewing (5 extract brews so far) and this site seems like a great resource. I live in Hawaii so I'm kinda limited to doing just higher temp. fermentations which is fine with me (love IPA's). I'd like to start doing all grain brews in the future just need the time, money and space. But for now I just wanna get the basics down. If anyone has advice on dry-hopping I would love to hear about it. Thanks for all the great info everybody, look forward to chatting in the future.

Howdy. Just got here myself. Also in Hawaii. What brews have you done so far? Looking to do my second batch next weekend and need some suggestions.

Mostly Pale Ales. I just finished an IPA that didnt turn out so hot but was still drinkable (I had an issue with my siphon). Right now I have an oatmeal stout in the primary, so far so good. Wanted to do it for St. Patty's Day. Just depends on what you like to drink. I get all my stuff from Homebrew in Paradise over by the airport. If you don't have a recipe, they have all kinds of recipe's there. Just pick one out and go through the store to get all your ingredients. The guy that owns it is pretty helpful. Make sure you get the proper yeast for the type of beer you're doing, one that will work in higher temperatures. It makes a huge difference.

Welcome, we're glad to have you join us!

Hi All,

Fairly new to brewing, been going for almost 2 years now and I have been an all grain brewer from the start. Just put a Java Oatmeal Stout under gas, Terrapin WnB clone recipe from HBT, and it seems to be doing well: OG = 1.091 FG = 1.025 = an ABV of about 9%. Waiting a few weeks before I post the results on the thread I got the recipe so that I can give full description of the process. Planning to make an attempt at a Barley Wine soon and maybe a Blue or Blackberry Wit this Spring.

Hello to all and thanks for having me!

Back