almost there...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_d_

Reaction score
So I almost finished this guy before my neighbors informed me they don't feel polishing metal at 11:30PM is nearly as cool as i do....

IMG_20111005_232137.jpg

I kinda like it the way it is
Should I finish polishing, or just name this one two-face?

I'm all about the polished look. When a 15.5 gallon commercial sanke has been given the extra time and effort of sanding all the way though finish polishing, they look great. I'm almost done with my 3 kegs....all sanded to 220 grit. Now I need to start the polishing process and take them to a mirror finish. IMHO... Blichmann's are obviously top of the line, but they come with a top of the price tag as well. A nice polished sanke has more character and just looks cool. I certainly believe that Blichmann's kettles are a spectactular product and if I were building a direct fire propane system, they would be in consideration. I'm, however, building an all electric system with 5500W elements, so I don't need the dual clad aluminum bottom to prevent scortching. Let's see..... $90 for all 3 of my SS sanke kegs or $400 apiece for Blichmann's.....pretty easly decision for me. Granted it takes a couple of hours apiece to take the sankes to a polished look, but for me, home brewing is a DIY process that means more when I put in the extra effort. :mug:

Back