Almost Ready !! Secondary Ferm...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbcric

Reaction score
Original SCOBY 5.15.18 1of3.jpg Original SCOBY 5.15.18 2of3.jpg Original SCOBY 5.15.18 3of3.jpg

Well, think things are going pretty good so far for this newbie! Grew this SCOBY from GTS organic raw Kombucha as seen started on 4/27, didn’t think it would be ready this quick so waiting on Anchor Hocking 2g. glass jar, replacement stainless steel spigot and PH tester from amazon for primary fermentation. My question is what brand and flavor juices work best for secondary fermentation as that’s what I'm really looking for and would prefer not having to juice myself.

Thanks in advance Happy Brewing.

You can use anything you'd like for flavoring in secondary. I don't buy juice, but you could buy some if you like. I pureed and then strained some blackberries in the most recent batch, for blackberry kombucha. Sometimes I add sliced ginger and lemon zest. I'm not a fan of sweet things, but you could add some honey if you'd like or anything that strikes your fancy.

I like adding pomegranate juice in second fermentation, although there are plenty of creative options. I’ve had a commercial brand that used apple juice from pink lady apples that was delicious. I might do peach and ginger with my next batch, or be boring and keep it plain

I've used the 100%juice brand fruit concentrate from the frozen section to get an idea for flavors I'd like. It's a cheap way to try things out

Back