all the way from greenland (michigan)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefarmer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I signed up the other day to ask a question about soda pop. Got some helpful answers, thanks.

But really I'm a brewer, I've been brewing for about 4 years, 3 1/2 years all grain. I seem to remember writing all kinds of stuff about myself when I signed up for the forum, but I don't know where that info all went.

I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan on an old farm in the woods. I do a lot of ancient brews with plants I pull out of the woods and bogs.

I've got Swedish and Norwegian blood in my veins and it comes out in my brewing. no raping and pillaging to steal the grain. I usually buy that in big bags. I have some German blood too, but unfortunately I didn't inherit the precision and purity of my german heritage.

I also keep bees and make a lot of meads and braggots.

I look forward to sharing info back and forth about interesting brews with all yous guys.

-åke larson

You've got me by a long shot on the time you've done it, but welcome to the forums. Very much a family atmosphere feel here and I love it. Nice to see so many Norwegians here. I failed to mention that part in my introduction. Again though, welcome aboard! :rockin:

Welcome my fellow Michigander. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say i would love to here some of your mead and braggot recipes.

Well, I'd be sorry to disapoint you, but most of my recipes are pretty boring. As a matter of fact they are all pretty much the same. For mead I use About 2 pounds of honey per gallon(I like dry meads, I cabonate them and bottle them in beer bottles) and as much fresh wild fruit as I can find, usually in the secondary and that's about it.

for almost all of my braggots i take the last runnings from my sparge and add a random amount of honey and then toss the used hop or herb bags from my brew in to sit for a while.

I'm very much a 13th century brewer, it's all about thrift and simplicity. About the most advanced I get is throwing in a few grains of yeast nutrient when I think of it. I am a yooper after all. (actually a transplant from northern minnesota, which is really quite similar)

Latest posts

Back