All NEW SPEIDEL Stainless add on parts from Nor Cal Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok well I decided to compile all the new Speidel parts into one thread.

Since were adding new parts (what seems like) daily I want a place to showcase them all as a just a "line of products"

If you have questions feel free to toss em in here.

We have added all these parts to the Website and added them as combos as well to save you guys some "$crilla"

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Carousel-Slide-1.html

I am going to save the next couple spots for pictures. IF the Admins dont mind...

Cheers
Jay

For those of you that don't know what a Speidel is. For your viewing pleasure.. :)

2235-Speidel-FE725-120-Liter-Fermenter.jpg

All the dip tube and lower connections available right now for the ALL the Speidel Fermenters AND Storage.

We have the 5/8" dip tube with 1/2" NPT threaded connection

We have the 3/4" Tri Clover connection on a 1/2" dip tube WITH a thermowell

We have the 3/4" Tri Clover Connection on a 1/2" dip tube WITHOUT a thermowell

And then a simple 1/2" NPT threaded adapter that can be used both on top of the Speidel or on the bottom

Cheers
Jay

2839-Speidel-Dip-Tube.jpg

2879-.75-Inch-TC-Speidel-Thermowell-Dip-Tube.jpg

2881-.75-Inch-TC-Speidel-Dip-Tube.jpg

2866-Speidel-Half-Inch-NPT-Threaded-Adapter.JPG

I have them. We just got them in and will be available early next week online. BUT..If you want to call the store and chat I can get an order in for you over the phone.

530 243 BEER (2337)

I have the clamps and gaskets in stock.

Cheers
Jay

Jay,

I bought the dip tubes and blowoff tubes for my speidels but couldn't get them to stop leaking when I installed the dip tubes yesterday. Any advice?

Where are you putting the gasket?
Lay the Speidel on its back. We did it both ways, with the gasket on the inside and the outside. If you do it while its laying down it will help to center the gasket. This is how I am doing it in the big one and didn't have a drop leak out. You have to make sure you center that gasket and then tighten it.

Cheers
Jay

I tried the gasket in both positions. I didn't try laying it on its back. I guess I might try that when they're empty again in a couple weeks.

I purchased the pickup arm and top with thermowell and blowoff.

Has anyone used the blowoff to transfer with CO2 from the Speidel to a corney?

I gotta say this about Jay and Norcal: they are user focused, innovative, willing to listen and work with you, and a great HBT sponsor! I bought some of their Speidel add on products and I am SO happy with the fit, finish, and functionality of these quality parts. I improved my process and will thus make better beer because of Jay: hats off to ya bro!!

I gotta say this about Jay and Norcal: they are user focused, innovative, willing to listen and work with you, and a great HBT sponsor! I bought some of their Speidel add on products and I am SO happy with the fit, finish, and functionality of these quality parts. I improved my process and will thus make better beer because of Jay: hats off to ya bro!!

Thanks for the AWESOME shout out! Its been my pleasure to work with you on the project! Glad you like em! :D

Cheers
Jay

Any tips/tricks installing the dip tube. I can't seem to get it on there without leaks from where the gasket is. Gasket between the steel and orange cap correct? The Gasket seems to wanna mush out when i try to tighten. Am i tightening too much?

I also might add that I'm about to start boiling some wort and had hoped to use this today. Thanks!

Last edited:
Any tips/tricks installing the dip tube. I can't seem to get it on there without leaks from where the gasket is. Gasket between the steel and orange cap correct? The Gasket seems to wanna mush out when i try to tighten. Am i tightening too much?

I also might add that I'm about to start boiling some wort and had hoped to use this today. Thanks!

Lay it on its back so you can center the gasket perfectly. Gasket first then dip tube then lock ring. I filled a 31 gallon full and left it overnight asnd it didn't leak a drop. Key point -----YOU HAVE TO LAY IT ON ITS BACK---- so the gasket doesn't fall down. Do that and I am sure will have success..

Cheers
Jay

I take it by the "LIKE" @beefy620 you were able to get it to tighten up without leaking?

Cheers
Jay

Would it be possible to ad a threaded piece on the end of the blowoff tube? I'm thinking; add threaded ball lock adapter and ball lock gas post. Use ball lock gas disconnect with barb fitting and tube for blowoff during fermentation. Then disconnect quick connect fitting from blowoff tube and connect co2 to slightly pressurize fermenter for transfer to keg. This would eliminate oxygen during transfer. The spigot would be connected to a transfer line with a liquid disconnect going to the keg.

Or.....add a shraeder valve to the blowoff/thermowell unit allowing pressurization, but then you'd have to somehow plug the blowoff tube before pressurizing.

I take it by the "LIKE" @beefy620 you were able to get it to tighten up without leaking?

Cheers
Jay

yeah sorry was checking back while brewing and whatnot. Forgot to come back and post. I was able to get it to seal properly with your instructions. Thank you.

As an aside, dont put it on in reverse order "dip tube gasket lock ring". I might have cranked it down too hard and possibly messed up the lip of the threading surface on one my speidels derp!

I am working on a full transfer connection right now that will do the same thing as this part for a keg.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Ultimate-Sanke-Keg-Fermenter-Kit.html

But YES totally doable!
Stay posted. Its in the works.

Cheers
Jay

That looks to be more complicated than it needs to be. A blowoff tube with the keg post adapter threads on it for a gas post would work. That would also allow for a spunding valve to be installed.

Or just a blowoff tube with a gas post on the end.

That looks to be more complicated than it needs to be. A blowoff tube with the keg post adapter threads on it for a gas post would work. That would also allow for a spunding valve to be installed.

Or just a blowoff tube with a gas post on the end.

I think You can put together what your talking about with this little guy. Add your Tee and build from there.

Cheers
Jay

2866-Speidel-Half-Inch-NPT-Threaded-Adapter.JPG

I think You can put together what your talking about with this little guy. Add your Tee and build from there.

Cheers
Jay[/quote]

Possibly, but there's no thermo well.

Like this:
72xoawjft

Thermowell.jpg

Space is limited up there for sure. You can do the thermowell at the dip tube location.

Cheers
Jay

Would there be enough room for the valve if you do thermo well at dip tube location? Don't see how there could be.

Why is the keg post adapter on the end of the blow off tube not a good idea? It could even be rigged with a spunding valve.

Would there be enough room for the valve if you do thermo well at dip tube location? Don't see how there could be.

Why is the keg post adapter on the end of the blow off tube not a good idea? It could even be rigged with a spunding valve.

Sorry..I keep thinking you are needing a dip tube like a racking cane as well. That's totally my bad. I think a simple compression fitting on the blow off tube and you can attach anything you want from there. That would get you to 1/2" MALE NPT. Then it will need to go 1/2" MNPT to 1/4" Male OR Female NPT to do the post connection but I think that's doable for sure.

Cheers
Jay

I'm liking the diptube assembly. Super convenient since the ball valve points out for my application where I have no room for down spout like the original. I can take gravity samples easy. I find even with the dip tube facing down i leave majority of the trub and the keg filling is super super fast.

Jay, are you going to get us a "ridged" gasket to make it easier to fit in place. I was able to line mine up after a few tries but just this weekend lost my gaskets so my diptubes are lonely (i just used the plugs for now). Hate to buy more spouts just to get the gasket. Or with the right measurement perhaps I can source just the gasket.

I am working on a Silicone gasket that will WRAP the parts but its slow going to get the Proto done and the Mold made. I am on it though..

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers
Jay

I was just getting ready to ask about something like this since my initial trouble lining it up. I think on one of my fermenters, i might've cranked it down too tight with the gasket on the wrong side like a moron haha.

I have since got the other two installed properly and they work amazingly!

I am amazed at how well this line has been doing!

You guys are AMAZING!

Thanks for all the feedback, input and of course the orders!

Cheers
Jay

I am working on a Silicone gasket that will WRAP the parts but its slow going to get the Proto done and the Mold made. I am on it though..
Great news. I just tried my dip tube today and could never get it to stop leaking. I assume that I might've screwed it on too hard, but I eventually gave up and put on the stock valve (what a piece of junk) because it was time to sanitize the Speidel.

Looking forward to the new gasket.

New Ball lock gas in AND PRV part will be up tomorrow! This will be used for pressure transfers ETC. Several other new parts on the horizon to be posted very soon. Racking cane transfers, ball lock gas in and beer out connections, ball valve blow off and CIP connections..LOADS of good stuff!

Gasket mold is about done but I understand a 1.5" TC gasket works like a charm.....

Cheers
Jay

Here it is. Gas in WITH PRV

Not exactly cheap @ $39.99 but a great addition to the Speidel family of stainless solutions....Couple this with a stainless ball valve on the bottom and your golden.

Cheers
Jay

SpeidelGASIN1.jpg

SpeidelGASIN2.jpg

Do you plan to release a 1/2" npt version with the thermowell like the 3/4" tc diptube?

Back