All Head No Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasDroughtBrewery

Reaction score
Ok, so I have been using my keg for over a year so its not any issues with my system or hose length. What had happen is my C02 tank went out in the middle of carbonating this beer...I went out and got another tank but in the meantime I forgot how long it was on the gas for (it took me a week to replace the tank) and decided to play it by ear. Put it back at the 30 PSI for two days and now its pouring only foam.

In a pint glass I'll get 1/4 beer and 3/4 foam. I have tried to take the gas off and purge the keg to let it sit a few days it really hasn't helped any. Do I have to suffer through this or is their a way to fix it?

You came so close...

Forum Help.JPG

I saw this posted elsewhere but it worked well for me.

Vent off the pressure from your keg. Set your regulator for the correct pressure from the carbing charts and rig it up to the out post of you keg bubbling co2 from the dip tube until the bubbling stops. Vent and repeat a couple times, or just hold the vent open while bubbling co2 from the bottom. Warning you may have foam coming out of the vent. Wait long enough for the beer to settle and hook back up for serving. Should be carbed nicely.

This has worked me. Don't ask me why it works. Others might chime in why this is a bad idea.

Edit: looks like others posted the link to the thread. The above is my version of it. It does work!

I saw this posted elsewhere but it worked well for me.

Vent off the pressure from your keg. Set your regulator for the correct pressure from the carbing charts and rig it up to the out post of you keg bubbling co2 from the dip tube until the bubbling stops. Vent and repeat a couple times, or just hold the vent open while bubbling co2 from the bottom. Warning you may have foam coming out of the vent. Wait long enough for the beer to settle and hook back up for serving. Should be carbed nicely.

This has worked me. Don't ask me why it works. Others might chime in why this is a bad idea.

Edit: looks like others posted the link to the thread. The above is my version of it. It does work!

Thanks for the cliff notes man, I am going to try this out over the weekend so I can start drinking this IPA!

Back