Alien Wine taste taste test

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voltron

Reaction score
Last year i decided to do an experimental wine. I made it inmate style in with the cap just sligthly open so that co2 escapes at it ferments. At the time i made it i tried it at the three month mark and it was cludy green, the same color as the original drink but it was good. Anyway i decided to put some of it in a wine bottle cork it and let it age in the bottle. It is about a year and 9 minths since i bottled and im going to try it today. i have attached a picture of the v8 juice i used. The wine appears to have not cleared probably due to peptic haze in the original juice as i didnt use any clarififer or pepctic enzyme , just bread yeast, some mashed up raisans, a cup, of sugar and this juice.

IMG_7700.JPG

Just opened the bottled and poured, Still green and cloudy but has a very fruity aroma when i opened the bottle. Gonna try the inmate brew wish me luck

IMG_7701.jpg

Anything with simple sugars can ferment or be fermented but that does not mean that everything that is fermentable should be made into a wine... How does this taste?

Well, did you survive? Go blind?

Survived! Im guessing based on my buzz rate. (this is based on my other dugeon brews) this was about 8 percent abv. I dont get too specific with dungeon brews as i just keep it simple. It was a good drink, had a strong pineapple appeal to it and fruity scent to it. Would I make it againL Yes but just as a small batch to give out as a gag or unique wine and call it alien wine or hulk wine. I made this inmate style and i am suprised almost two years later it tasted good. did nit taster like a wine but more like a hard cider.

Amusing stuff. I would've picked something without kale.
One of my more novel ideas was doing the same thing, but with beet juice. :)

.hey according to the ingedients list it is packed with vitamins antioxidants and minerals so it a "healthy wine" I do have a beet juice wine i bottled last year and will post it once i open and try it it :)

Maybe dilute it with a bit of apple juice and juice some kiwi for a little more zip. Ferment with champagne yeast and carb at the same level.
Or use a bunch of honey and call it Green Meadchine.
Ah, I give up.

Back