Alcoholic Ginger Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickfut

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this brewing lark and live in a part of the world where brewing equipment, supplies, and environment are really stacked against me.

I want to make some alcoholic ginger beer, probably around 5% and not too sweet, but not dry.

I want to use as simple a recipe as possible, ie ginger, sugar, water, lemon juice, and bread yeast.

Can I get away with this?

If so, can someone help me and add quantities to the ingredients list for making 5-litre batches.

I also have an old Hydrometer that I inherited. It actually has 'Made in England' stamped on it lol

I have no idea what my starting and finishing SG should be, and I need some help there.

Also, the ambient temperatures are always between 25 and 35 C at this time of the year. I have an old chest freezer that I can change the thermostat in order to make a fermentation cabinet, but again, I have no idea of ideal fermentation temperatures for this brew.

Thank you in anticipation,

Nelson

Back