Albuquerque Brews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMadKing

Western Yankee Southerner and Brew Science Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all

I'm headed to Albuquerque for a conference this next week. I've never been and have no idea what the local beers are like. Can anyone recommend places for me to check out while I'm there?

Much appreciated! :mug:

i lived there for a while, but didn't get around to anywhere near all the breweries in town. Still, here are my favorites

La Cumbre
Marble
Bosque
Tractor

More or less in that order. Tractor had a nice saison but their other stuff we meh. Most people there seem to brew the same few things over and over. Not a lot of variation, but they're good at IPAs

i lived there for a while, but didn't get around to anywhere near all the breweries in town. Still, here are my favorites

La Cumbre
Marble
Bosque
Tractor

More or less in that order. Tractor had a nice saison but their other stuff we meh. Most people there seem to brew the same few things over and over. Not a lot of variation, but they're good at IPAs

Awesome, thanks! I'm there for 4 days, so 4 breweries is perfect.

UNM Alumn here!

There is also Il Vicino on Central. I'm not sure about the beers (used to be great), but they have excellent pizza!

It's across the street from Tractor Brewing.

La Cumbre
Marble
Bosque
Tractor

Just left La Cumbre, I got a chance to chat with Jeff the owner.. Great place, great guy, great beer

Thanks for the recommendation!

Right down the street from la cumbre is canteen brewery (il vicino).

La cumbre used to be the heavy hitter but nowadays I tend towards canteen.

Canteen
La cumbre
Marble
Bosque
Boxing bear
Tractor is meh, but the best atmosphere maybe.

La Cumbre is phenomenal. Jeff is an excellent brewer and fun to chat with when you can catch him. Marble is always good. Marble Red Ale is one of my top five favorite beers and it's best when fresh from the tap at the brewery. Bosque is another great choice. Boxing Bear would round out my top 4, although I have to admit I've fallen behind and haven't tried some of the breweries that started up in the past 18 months.

If you're around through Saturday, check out http://www.albuquerquehopfest.com/. You can try beers from 70 breweries, including a bunch of the locals.

Back