Albany Area Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked both the strong and the porter, but subtleties of style are not my strong suit. It was fun listening to peoples' thoughts on them.

Goid luck to you too!! I know you will do well.

Have three in myself. My biggest interest is my saison. Not so much because I think it's great, but I want to see if what I perceive as positive changes show up on the score sheet

I'm only entered into the mixed ferm category which I am sure could be considered a category that is often more of a crapshoot than others.

I wish I had realized that it was such a large competition I would have tried to have a couple more entries ready to go, there's always next year.

I'm only entered into the mixed ferm category which I am sure could be considered a category that is often more of a crapshoot than others.

I wish I had realized that it was such a large competition I would have tried to have a couple more entries ready to go, there's always next year.

I do have my Barley Wine in the fermenter for next year....and hopefully the year after....

If anyone is interested and not yet aware, the site for the 2019 knickerbocker is open for entries: https://thoroughbrews.org/kbotb1/
Some changes from last year, most notably limiting to 3 entries per person and a lower overall competition limit. I'll be maxing that out, as well as volunteering to judge, since I passed the online test awhile back and it's time to get my feet wet and do some actual live judging.

It’s a fun time for sure. I reckon your beer would do well.
my problem in competition is that I typically don’t brew to true style, so I i may get knocked there. I’m certainly excited to get a true critique of my beers though

Just found the thread..... Homebrewer from the Catskill NY area. Been brewing around 10 years and brewing on a Brew-Boss 20 gal system. We have a "casual" brew club that meets the third Monday of each month usually at Crossroads Brewing in Ahtens NY. We would love to meet other brewers in the area. We are around 30 miles south of Albany.

The judging assignments are out for kbotb. I got categories 6&7 with 2 other more experienced judges. So basically marzens, rauchbiers, dunkles bocks, vienna lagers & altbiers. Very excited for my first crack at it!

pscdouglas give me a shout
im in queensbury
would love opportunity to pick some brains of some seasoned brewers.
been brewing for 5-6 yrs now steady
27 yrs ago i started
everybody have a safe and productive weekend
much love
madmace

So this thread is a ghost town, but just wanted to throw out something in case anyone stumbles in here. I've been elected the new secretary/vice president of the Albany brew crafters. We're still doing zoom meetings right now, but when it's safe, the new president and I want to find ways to increase attendance, amongst other things, so don't be shy about joining the zooms, or in person when that resumes. Cheers!

Yeah since we went to Zoom I haven't gone to any meetings. It's too sad to sit there talking over each other when I want to be in a bar stumbling around.

Definitely not ideal, but we're making do. We've done a couple zoom tastings, with a mead one planned for later this month. Got a local brewer to sit in on one, and the mazer will be at the mead one.

I stopped into Rip Van Winkle Brewery on Sunday for a great flight and some good food.
I grew up 10 minutes from there in saugerties. RIP started off pretty poor quality but quickly improved. (I think new ownership and brewer). I’ve enjoyed why I’ve had over the past year

Back