Airlock Problem.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahMatt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Pale Ale in primary, I had a blow out tube on it for the first few days. As soon as it stopped spewing, I switched to the airlock. Everything was fine. This afternoon, I looked at it and it was full of a white liquid. I took the airlock off (maybe the wrong thing to do), sanitized it and replace it. Less than 20 minutes later its full of white liquid again.
What did I do wrong? Can it be fixed?? What can I do to fix it?!?!?!?
Thank you!!!
Sarah.

Thank you! I appreciate your response. I'm really looking forward to this batch...not that I don't look forward to all of them, but this one has been my baby.
Patience is a virtue I've never had.
Thanks again, Sarah.

I got that with this latest one,a dark ale. Looked like "The Blob" coming out of my airlock cover! Blow off big time.:mug:

I took the airlock off (maybe the wrong thing to do), sanitized it and replace it.

no biggy removing the airlock while your fermentation is active. the gas being released will prevent nasties from getting in.

Dito for me when I racked from primary to my secondary/bottling bucket on to bourbon soaked oak chips. The beer produced enough co2 again to make a protective blankey for my newest baby. So no worries...

Back