Airlock bubbling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felixnemat

Reaction score
I started by first brew yesterday, everything seems to be going fine except my airlock is bubbling, and not from the cider overflowing. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1474648074.483725.jpg

I filled my airlock with starsan too the max lines but shortly after putting it on all of the solution went to one side and then a couple hours after it started bubbling up like this.

I'm departing taking it out real quick, sanitizing it and refilling with vodka? Any thoughts on that. New user and first post btw. I know about the overflow tube thing but I don't think that's what I need.

StarSan bubbles like a mother. It can get super foamy/bubbly when agitated so its no worries. Just the fermentation doing its job and the sanitizer/airlock doing its job as well!

Im proud of you, your first post wan't "Airlock NOT bubbling". The exact opposite actually!

Your Cider looks good and the fermentation is active let it ride and like the other guy said make sure to refill it if it all comes out.

Thanks for the quick responses guys! I wasn't too worried about it but wanted to be sure it wouldn't cause any issues down the line.

I've just used really really cheap vodka in my airlock for some time now and never had any issues. As mentioned, regardless of what you use in the airlock, check on it regularly and keep it filled.

Back