air in beer out line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtd_1

Reaction score
So i recently kegged my first all grain batch on Thurs, burst carbed it (i agree with bobby m on terminology) on fri after it was chilled. bled the pressure off, reset to serving pressure (10 psi on mine works great normally)

When i pour i get lots of foam, and i look at the beer line right above the connection at the cornie and i get bubbles after i stop pouring. Is my dip tube packing not doing its job( co2 leaking past tube flange)?

i knew i should have specified this first... 5ft length 1/4 in id.

I understand that this is a common problem for foam, but how would that cause bubbles at the cornie connection right after i stop pouring?

I would say that is the problem.

I use 5 ft of 3/16th beer line at 12-18 lbs.

I have 25 ft of 3/16 for my soda, but when I get the pressure too high, I get more foam. I can watch the co2 bubbles come from the quick disconnect to the tap. This is because the line isn't balanced.

Longer line or smaller diameter should solve your problem.

so i tried 6 ft of 1/4 in (couldnt get 3/16th), still all foam...opened up hatch in cornie, all foam(looks like a 3 in layer on top of beer). Why is this????
All posts are in correct position. I used food grade lube for the packings. When i cleaned prior to kegging, i used pbw, rinsed three times w/ water, used iodophor after that.

Whats the deal (this sucks im wasting my first all grain batch and by far my best brew so far)?

Never had this much trouble with commercial or once prior with homebrew (this is the first time ive tried burst carbing-couldnt wait because of first ag).

You'll need a lot more than 6ft of 1/4" line to stop foaming. You need to get 3/16 line, 6 to 8 feet to start, you can trim as necessary.

Back