AHS Our Special Holiday Ale - Spice Pack Ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosquitocontrol

Reaction score
I made a few of these batches last year and everyone loved it for the Holidays. I was hoping to make it again and I thought I had kept old spice pack package so I could recreate it. Anyone happen to have the amounts of each of spices as listed on the package? I must have thrown mine out by accident and I was hoping to brew a few batches sometime this week so I don't have time to order them.

mosquito,

Just ordered the Special Holiday Ale kit from AHS. Should get it in a few days. I'll check back when I get it, and give you that information.

NRS

Planned: Vanilla Porter,Holiday Ale
Brewing: Brown Ale
Bottled: Bavarian Hefeweizen, Belgian Triple, Lemon Wheat
Gone but not forgotten: Brown Ale, Holiday Ale, Raspberry Wheat, Espresso Porter

I just bought this kit and plan on brewing it tomorrow..... was wondering how it turned out and what you might be able to compare it to? I'm kind of excited about this one.... I'm doing a mini-mash kit with dry yeast...

mosquito,

Just got my Special Holiday Ale Kit. The ingrediants in the spice pack are:

1 tsp. Cloves
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1 T. Ginger

Good luck. I'll probably begin brewing it this weekend.

NRS

NRS, when do you add the spices? I'm going to attempt using a kit and adding spices but I don't know when to add them.

I'm thinking in the last 30 minutes of boiling. Is that close?

I added mine at flame out. I don't really think you need to add them any earlier, in fact it might hurt it a bit.

Back