AHS Honey Hibiscus Wit Extract questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BesteBrew

Reaction score
Hello All

Not completely a noob but still have tons to learn. I have a few questions about my Honey Hibiscus kit that i plan on brewing this weekend.

1)The recipe calls for 1/2 oz of cracked coriander seed but they sent me regular uncracked seed. Do i need to crush them and if i do whats the best way to go about that, preferably without buying any new equipment.

2)The recipe calls for 4 oz Hibiscus at 15 minutes and 1/2 oz bitter orange peel at 5 min. After the boil should i transfer all of that to the primary or remove it. Again how would i go about removing all the stuff?

I'll bite.

For me and the witbier recipe I do I normally crack the coriander. Just put it in a zip lock baggy and run a rolling pin over it a few times.

Also, I have done both leaving the junk in the primary and straining it all out when transfering to a primary. Doesn't really matter one way or the other. If you do leave all the stuff in there, do be careful when you are racking your beer from the primary to it's next location that you don't get any of the coriander. I accidentally racked some coriander into my bottling bucket and it really did a number on my bottling wand.

I crack my coriander much the same way. I put the correct amount in a baggie and smack the seeds with a tablespoon. I rarely rack off from the boiled wort to get rid of any sediment.

Latest posts

Back