AHS Hefe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevej21

Reaction score
I was looking at this kit from AHS and I just want to know if it will turn out ok with the options I have chosen and only having a primary fermentor. This will be 2nd batch also, so it's not above my skill level right? Thanks in advance.

AHS Bavarian Hefeweizen
- Kit Option Extract - DME
- Yeast Option White Labs Hefeweizen Ale WLP300
- BrewVint Yeast Fuel No
- Cold Pack Yes
- Priming Sugar Include Priming Sugar
- 1% Alcohol Boost Yes
- Beer Bottle Caps No

I don't see why it wouldn't. Just make sure to clean and sanitize everything. I have done 3 extract kits from AHS and they have all been easy.

I haven't done their Hefe but have done the American Wheat that they have. I currently have it in primary and will go straight to bottling since wheats are supposed to be clear. I think you'll be fine going from primary to bottling.

I have done this one several times, great every time! A Hefeweizen is supposed to be cloudy, so no reason to secondary. Look up a few threads on Hefeweizens, your fermentation temperature will affect your final flavor with a clove/ bananna balance.

Excellent brew - skip the 1% Alcohol Boost Yes - try to ferment the batch as cool as you can - 64ish if possible. The higher will give you more banana flavor as opposed to cloves!

I brew this every January in my 58 degree basement.

Latest posts

Back