aha yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vagabond

Reaction score
I just brewed a hefe from ahs and so far it has no activity. It's been over 24 hours. It was shipped in warm weather and I was curious what the odds of the yeast dying over the trip are? I ordered it with the ice pack And all that but it arrived very warm.

My main problem is it was brewed Thursday And my lhns won't be open until tuesday. Will my brew be ok? I'm going to let it go and pitch on tuesday and cross my fingers.

I guess I won't order yeast with my next order.

RDWAHAHB.....if you have nothing after 48 hours, pitch some dry yeast into it when you get a chance, you should be just fine

AHA - TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTTTTT! (TAKE ON YEAST!) TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!! I'LLLLLLLLLLL BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNE! DU DU DU DU........DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take_on_me.jpg

2302135651_561991d981.jpg

yea.. Typing from a phone isn't so great. I'll have to wait well over 48 hours. I'm wondering if my wort will be fine to repitch in three days?

I'd pick up a couple of packs of "oh crap" dry yeast, just incase for future brews. The yeast should be fine, and will probably be chugging away before you can re-pitch.

I've had yeast show up really warm, and has started. It just needed time.

Yea, the oh crap yeast is a good idea. I'll stock up on a couple different kinds next time I'm at the store. Thanks for the help guys..

While you're at it, grab a packet of one of the new dried wheat yeasts. They aren't hefe's, but better an American Wheat than a bucket of sludge.

I suspect it will get going soon. If 98.5% of your yeast died, that only adds a day to the process.

Latest posts

Back