AHA Nationals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewtopia said:
My Oak Aged Imperial IPA advanced to round two!!!!!!! 2nd place in the Smoke and Wood Aged category. Wow, I'm shocked...and excited!

Wow! That's great! You and BP both deserve some dancing bananas! :ban: :ban: :ban:

Oak Aged Imperial IPA sounds really, really good. I'm glad you got an award for it. Good job!

Brewtopia said:
My Oak Aged Imperial IPA advanced to round two!!!!!!! 2nd place in the Smoke and Wood Aged category. Wow, I'm shocked...and excited!

:mug: This is great! Way to go and all the best. I really hope you can kick butt in the finals.

Thanks all, this is very exciting. I have to give props to my brew partner as well. He has a few posts on here as "Get Your Brew On." This is the first beer we brewed together so were both very happy. I'm looking forward to Denver all the more now. BP, are you sticking around for the awards dinner on Saturday?

Looking forward to meeting you Brewtopia and sucking the beer making knowledge out of your brain.

Speaking of thin lines for beers that made 2nd round. My American Pale got 37, max score for the category was 38.5 and I didn't advance to second round. WOW, that must have been close. Unless I'm way off...I'm happy with that, though. The feedback was pretty much what I thought about the beer, too.

clayof2day said:
Speaking of thin lines for beers that made 2nd round. My American Pale got 37, max score for the category was 38.5 and I didn't advance to second round. WOW, that must have been close. Unless I'm way off...I'm happy with that, though. The feedback was pretty much what I thought about the beer, too.

Wow, that is close. Congrats on your score. Sounds like some harsh judging if the top score they gave was 38.5. I would feel very good about what you have accomplished. :ban:

Dude said:
You are going now?

No, I am moving to WA state soon, and plan on hooking up with Brewtopia there and learning some tricks. I would like to make it to Colorado in 2008 or 2009.

Anyone interested in judging?

2007 NHC Club Night Participants,
This is from Tom Gardner who is one of our competition coordinators for this year's National Homebrew Competition. Please read below and respond if you, or any of your club members, are interested in judging or stewarding here in Denver during the National Homebrewers Conference.

We are hosting the American Homebrewers Association National Homebrew Competition Finals here in Denver on June 21st as part of the AHA National Homebrewers Conference. 4000 homebrew entries have already been judged in 9 regions and these will be the final 700 entries to evaluate for the Finals. The judging will be at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel at I-25 and Hampden Avenue in south Denver.

We are opening registration for judges and stewards and are hoping that you might be interested. This is a fantastic opportunity to judge some of the finest homebrews from the US and Canada and judge with beer judges from across the country (and one from Australia). We are using a new judging check-off scoresheet that will save a lot of time and carpal tunnels. http://www.bjcp.org/Beer_checklist.pdf

There will be a Judge's reception on Wednesday evening June 20th at the Wynkoop Brewpub which will include a Sensory Analysis seminar by Randy Mosher and an intro to the new scoresheet by Gordon Strong.

Please E-mail Brian Mertz at [email protected] with your name, experience, bjcp # if any, and any style preferences (pro or con). No one will be bumped!

Thanks a lot,
Tom Gardner

Please feel free to share this with anyone you know who might be interested

I am judging. I don't know the details but they have my info.

Also, I was looking at my scores and so forth. My barleywine scored a 42.5 which means it tied point wise for first, but was awarded second, probably on side by side notes. I will take that!

I feel like a ******. I've known about this for a few weeks now, but I was hoping to figure something out...

I don't think I'm gonna make it to AHA this year. There's a big AF reunion in Alaska the same weekend, and I previously committed to it. I recognized the conflict last month, and I haven't been able to work an affordable solution. If my yet-to-have-been-bought plane tickets to north of the "Great White North" don't work out, AHA is back in!

Sorry fellas! Hoist one for me in Denver, and I'll look forward to next year!

...and BIG CONGRATS to BP and other HBT placewinners!

clayof2day said:

I still did not get my feedback. Got Silver sertificates for both of my beers, but no feedback yet. PNW must be really backlogged. It was really close, indeed, my bock is one point below max score :-(

Back