aging, maturation, conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomebrewPadawan

Reaction score
I thought it might be nice to get a list of peoples thoughts on different beer styles and how long they feel it takes for that style to hit its peak in terms of flavor after aging/conditioning of said style.

For instance; general opinion on an IPA is that it is best consumed just after it has completely finished fermentation and as soon as you can get it carbonated...versus...something like an Imperial Stout which general opinion suggests to age/condition for a month up to a year.

Different styles have different maturation times and I would like to get others opinions on the beers they brew. I think it could be a good resource for someone searching the forum. I'll go first...
(Feel free to add to this thread whenever you come across it, even it hasn't been active in years...that's the point)

IPA: I prefer to primary for about 2-3 weeks, with the last 3-5 days dry hopping, (sometimes I'll cold crash), carbonate with 'set and forget method' (7-10 days) and start enjoying.

Latest posts

Back