Age and daily beer consumption.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownalemikie

Reaction score
Ok, I'll start. I'm 63 and consume 3-4 pints per day of my HB brown ale or Porter. On weekends maybe drink 5 or 6. :tank:

What say you?

I'll be 52 in June. Right now 1-2 12oz beers / day. 3-6 on a Friday or Saturday, but that is usually one or the other, not both. 1 and sometimes 2 days a week with none.

65 in a week. Not feeling it at all (total denial is my plan :D)

Daily post-work evening routine is a pale or wheat beer around 5, an ipa around 5:30, an esb around 10, a trappist around 11, and finally a chocolate iis to put me down around midnite...

Cheers! :mug:

65 beers per week is far more than I can regularly manage at my age (53 in April this year). ;)
Best I can do is about a litre of Helles each night and maybe 2 litres on Friday and Saturday, for an equivalent of 31 standard drinks per week, but that's only until the Helles keg runs out and then I'm back to an average of one drink per night of Dämpfbier or Brown ale that is in kegs right now.
Aussie Les out

49 quickly approaching 50. I'll have 1 12-16oz pour a night during the week, most likely missing a night or two. Friday, maybe 2 to 4, typically 3. Same on Saturday. Maybe a couple on Sunday.
What I drink in a month now, I used to drink in a night when in my 20's lol. :tank:

49 quickly approaching 50. I'll have 1 12-16oz pour a night during the week, most likely missing a night or two. Friday, maybe 2 to 4, typically 3. Same on Saturday. Maybe a couple on Sunday.
What I drink in a month now, I used to drink in a night when in my 20's lol. :tank:

True that. Almost 40. 1-2 after work, missing a few nights each week. 3-4 on Sat., sometimes a couple more. I'm now more into quality vs quantity.

62. I try to limit myself to 5-6 bottles a night and less than every day of the week. I often lose count when drawing pints off the keg. I drink a lot more since starting homebrewing, but I also drink a lot less sugary drinks.

66 here, and I am an amateur compared to you guys! I drink 1-2 bottles a night, maybe three nights a week. The rest of the time I drink wine! As for weekends, well, I'm retired and don't have weekends! :)

TomVA

31 years old here.
I typically have maybe a 6 pack spread out throughout the week. I'm building up my reserves since I just started brewing so that may change a bit going forward.

31 years old
maybe 1 on thurs
2 on fri
1-2 on sat
1-2 on sunday

if i am out or at a party that 2 will turn to 4

If I drank 2 a night i'd get pretty overweight pretty fast

although i mostly brew higher abv beers

41 trips around the sun for me.

Usually have 3-5 12oz glasses per day.
No hard stuff at all.

Every couple of weeks I take a day or two off.

Cheers!

56, 2 pints per day. I remember 20, 6 pak to get the pump primed then drink like they were going to quit making it. Wake up in the morning saying, " I'll never do that again", go to work, start feeling human again bout 12:00. Quitting time 6:00, "Hey let's go get a beer. The cycle rolls on. :tank:

Mid 40s. One or two drinks a night. Usually beer, but sometimes whiskey or wine. Occasionally I'll drink a full bomber of something higher ABV, which I suppose should count as 3-4.

One night a week is alcohol free.

Just shy of 74. I usually have one bottle of home brew late in the day before dinner. On weekends if I'm w/friends it might me 3 or 4. I'm not into driving drunk. If I'm in a bar w/friends it's usually 1 can of miller light every hour. As I said I won't drive drunk or high.

32. I work 12s and drive an hour each way so mon-thurs no drinking. Thurs night-sat could be 2-6 drinks per day. Sometimes I have a day where I'll go way overboard about once every month and a half or so lol.

I will turn 51 on 3/21 and currently drink about 2 12oz beers a night. Weekend might be 3-4 per day. Just the right amount!

I'll be 39 in 3 weeks. Usually don't drink any Monday-Thursday. Friday and Saturday anywhere between 2-6, Sunday 1-2 if any.

62 - average about 1-2 pints a day (retired - no weekends) of homebrew starting around 4pm...unless its brew day then that start time gets rolled back to "after the boil" time! If friends are over the consumption level raises... One or two days a week I think about not having any beer...but do anyway!

I usually drink a couple of glasses of wine in the evening as well...but this was about beer!

37 years old. 1-2 12oz a night. Usually skip a few nights a week. maybe double that on weekends or when friends are over.

54. I may have a pint a couple nights a week and two or three each weekend afternoon/evening. I brew session beers (usually around 5%) because I do enjoy having a few on my days off. Flavor but not a lot of alcohol.

45, and I feel every year of it.
Sometimes none...usually some. Sometimes a lot. Actual volume is hard to monitor with kegs.

49 and I probably average 2 a night. Some days it may be 4 and none on others. Have to work a glass of wine or a distilled beverage in rotation too.

38 and I go in waves, some days/weeks more than others but usually 1or 2 a night and more on the weekends.

I quit counting years a long time ago and never did track beer consumption.
59/2-3[emoji12]

46 years old. 2-3 beers on a week night. 3-6 on weekends. I haven't indulged in the hard stuff in a long while, but I do love me some good rum.
:mug:

Back