After 5 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel the same way. It always makes me happy to pitch the yeast at night after brewing and find it fermenting vigorously in the carboy the next morning. I love carboys just for the fact that I can see how fermentation is progressing. After 5 years, I feel the same way.

Kinda funny...after a check at/around 48 hours to see if fermentation has kicked off, I don't care a bit... Then again I use buckets in a chest freezer.

That is the single-most advantage to carboys that I miss - being able to see the fermentation. Still use them for bulk aging and wine, but my back much prefers using handles and a little less weight. For whatever reason, carrying a carboy in front of me at chest level just aggravates my back terribly but a handle on my side down low is okay. Oh well :(

I got better bottles almost strictly so I could sneak a peek. I'd be more concerned for you if it no longer made you grin like a mischievous kid.:D

Back