Advice for Russian River Brewing Visit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewKaiser

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Headed to Santa Rosa today for a bike race. Will have some extra time this afternoon and was thinking of stopping by RR, but I've heard lines to get in can be ridiculous. While PtE and PtY are great, not willing to wait 4-5 hours in line, plus there will be 7500+ cyclists in town, and surely some of them are as like minded as we are.

I hear there is a growler entrance in the back. Is this true, and if so, what's the protocol?

It would be awesome to quench my thirst tomorrow with some fine RR brew after riding 103 miles.

I think you'll be fine. The 4-5 hour (sometimes 7-8) lines are for PtY, which releases for 2 weeks in Feb.

My parents are doing the race tomorrow as well. They are hitting RR for dinner tonight. I think it will probably b an hour wait for a table maybe 1:20

Don't know what the bike race will cause at RR.. but, usually you can walk right in. Might be a wait for a table.. but, standing at the end of the bar will get you a beer pretty quickly at most times other than when PtY is on board.

If all you want to do is grab a couple of beers, you can walk right in anytime and have a drink in your hand within 5 minutes unless they're serving PTY. If you want to sit at a table, expect to wait. On a busy weekend the list may be 2+ hours.

While you're there, pick up a couple of bottles to go. Their sours are fantastic.

Yeah... other than a couple special releases (PtY, and a couple of their very-limited-release sours), they're not any crazier than you'd expect for a well-regarded local brewpub. Which is to say, you'll get in, but on a saturday night during the nicest weather we get all year down here towards the ocean, you'll be waiting for a table. Relax, get a pour from the bar, and enjoy yourself. :)

I go there every couple of weeks. The line isnt too bad, havent waited longer then 45 minutes to get a table (maybe an hour).

The nice thing is, they put your phone number in and text you that its ready. So you can go browse the shops and what not, and they give you 10 minutes from the text to get back to get your table.

Get the jalapeno garlic bread....you will thank me.

All these posts make me want to jump in the car tomorrow morning and drive up the coast!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Happy to report that entry was easy at the bar and the beers are even better fresh from the source.

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Oh, and if you think RRBC beers are great, try one after riding 103 miles. Closest you'll come to heaven on earth.

Latest posts

Back