Adverage keezer build price?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
Have the kegs, and Freezer I was wondering how much a 7 foot keezer build will likely be with the other items needed ( ball park)

A lot depends on what you're planning on doing. Collar/coffin/tower? Perlick or regular faucets? Stainless or chrome plated brass? How many beers on tap? I think I spent about $70 for each tap setup, not including the keg. This was for SS Perlicks, SS shanks, gas and beer disconnects, tubing, and all the fittings. I have 5 beers on tap, so this really added up. This was also when Perlicks were ~$25.

Other costs were $20 for a drip tray plus maybe $10 for the magnets and angle brackets to hold it on. Wood for the collar (I think I used a few pieces of 1x6) and stuff to hold it together. I used small angle brackets and liquid nails. Hinges for the lid (I went with dual-hinged). Foamboard insulation. Temperature controller (I went with the single stage Ranco for $55) and extension cord.

So my keezer probably ran close to $500, not counting the kegs, freezer, CO2 tank, and regulator. You can definitely spend a lot more or less...

I recently built my kegerator, so far the costs haven't been (in my opinion, to outrageous). I think a big factor is how much you spend on the freezer, i got a small one off of craigslist for 35 bucks, so that offsets later costs. I've probably spent i the 300 dollar range on mine

I spent about 70 on a digital johnson temp controller but i've seen cheaper ones in the 40-50 dollar range floating around on ebay and i've seen people build one before. There is this article from hackaday that has a link for building one, they show the schematics and code for it so you don't have to buy it, i have not done this so i don't know how well it works etc.

Faucet/shank can go from 30-60 dollars (or more), then theres a primary regulator. I got a 2 product refurbished(ie really cheap) on from bevfactory, and i'll just use it as a primary and cut the second line off to run it to my secondary reg which was around 120 for a 3 line.....the costs can add up quick, it just depends on what your going for?

I spent about $1k, which included an 8.8 cu ft Fridgidiere unit, 4 Perlick Taps, 6 new ball lock kegs, 6 secondary regulators, 1 primary regulator, 2 fans, 1 Love Controller, insulation and all the wiring, tubing, etc. to hook it up. The collar was 'free' since I used shorts from my honduran mahogany scrap pile.

18a7a4f6.jpg

351a6700.jpg

I spent slightly over $1000, but the sky is the limit. Just like everyone else stated, there are a million variable that can affect price. I think that if you went with a simple collar keezer and a 4 tap system, equipped with the temp. controller you could do it for $500. It all depends how fancy you want to get. When you starte getting into coffin keezers with cabinet builds, coffin cooling systems, perlick faucets, etc.....you can easily double the price. Let us know what you have in mind and start a thread to chronicle your build! :mug:

Getting ready to build mine soon. 220 for the 7CU freezer; 645 for three kegs, three perlick chrome faucets, 5# tank, dual body regulator w/ dual pressure guage, thee ball lock hookups (one sankey adapter), temporary beer tap on one line, one three-way manifold for serving, one two-way manifold for carbing, and all the other gizmos, gew-gaws, and gadgets to make beer go in and come out; 28ish for the external temp controller, and I still have to buy the wood, insulation, paint, etc to make it presentable. So what close to a grand /sigh.

I was close to HOPPO's, this is completely dependent upon what you actually want to do. See post #2. I got the best Perlicks, some rather pricey tile, and went with the best pine wood available. I saved money however by purchasing the freezer off craigslist

Wow....don't let these guys scare you. If you already have the freezer, all you really need is a temperature controller. Picnic taps work just fine in the beginning...add a fan ( i have had a 6" personal desk fan running nonstop for 7 months inside mine) works fine. But that is all you NEED. Unless your kegs wont fit vertically then touch have to modify the top of the chest if that's what you are using

I agree with the previous poster. There are all ranges of cash that you can sink into a keezer. It all depends on how extravagant you want to get.:rockin:

Yea, It definitely adds up quickly but if you have a little extra cash do it right the first time. If you don't, certainly with in a year you'll want to upgrade and you'll wish you had just to spent the money the first time around. Making changes will just be frustrating and cost more in true long run.

Mine cost around $1500 start to finish for a 4 tap keezer, but that includes adding a jig saw, miter saw, and several other tools that I added to my tool collection.

I am the single laziest dude you've never met. I bought everything brand new- freezer, digital temp controller, regulator, CO2 tank, manifold, lines, and picnic taps/fittings for about $300. No craigslist or DIY for me. Bare bones works for my 580 sqft aparment.

I just got home to find my newly arrived 10lb co2 tank and 3 coke ball lock converted kegs and I am stoked. I just need a beer to put in it. Why oh why did I go for the porter that needs a secondary addition??? So far with the kegs and co2 I am in for about 300 with shipping and what not. I am going to need to replace the picnic tap and the in and out ball locks as they feel a bit flimsy but CornyKeg.com wasn't to bad a deal I must say. Prices went up thou a bit after I purchased these. Anyone got a suggestion on keezer size. I would like to have the ability to go to six down the road with 5 on tap co2 and one Nitro while keeping all the bottles and kegs in.

Mine was about 500. Included a new freezer, wood, stain, insulation, gas manifold, temp controller, and misc stuff (fans,hardware, hoses, glue, screws, etc...). Mine holds 5 kegs with 4 taps and has bulkheads on the side to connect a beer gun.

I saved some by reusing taps from the last one but spent extra on some extra features. You really can budget it up and down easily.

The best part about kegging with a keezer is that I can turn around and get a new beer on tap as soon as 15 days.

How can you do that if the beer needs to condition for 21 days? I am new to this and my understanding was at least a 21 day wait and would love for less as my stockpile is still non existant.

How can you do that if the beer needs to condition for 21 days? I am new to this and my understanding was at least a 21 day wait and would love for less as my stockpile is still non existant.

It depends on the beer style. The IPA I made was in the Fermentor for just over 21 days but the black ale I made and the blue moon clone I made was 14 days before kegging.

I made the black ale 17 days ago and it is the best tasting beer I've made yet.

View attachment 69843

Somthing like this with 4 taps

Probably around 350 for all kegging hardware and a temp controller. Add on if you upgrade to perlicks or all stainless. Building materials (2x6, silicone sealer, stain, sealer, appliance paint) probably about another 75.

Just my two cents: You can do it in stages or go all out. Just do it the right way the first time so you do not question or wish that you done something more later.

I originally was going to do mine the same style as your picture, but I thought that I would kick myself later for not doing another Jester ripoff. I am glad I went the way I did.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back