Adventures in Homebrewing Clearance - Fermenters, Kegs, etc.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belowi

Reaction score
They've had Omega marked way down for months. I had assumed when they first marked it down that they were dropping Omega and clearing out their stock, but if that's the case it must be getting really old.

I got the email and was really interested in the fermenter for $10.
anyone using them?
I see the have a bunch of yeast on sale too

Hmm what's everyones thoughts on the $20 kegs? They basically say to use them for line cleaning. Would anyone use them for beer? Is there any reason not to use them for beer?

anyone using them?

I've never used that fermentor but they sent one to Micheal Tonsmeire when they first came out and he wasn't very impressed. IIRC he said the bag was a novel idea but it ended up being more of a hassle than it was worth.

anyone using them?
FWIW, I seem to recall when that Genesis Fermentor first came out, it was like $40 or $50, PLUS liner costs.
Seems like an awesome idea, but i think the price reflects its' function?

FWIW, I seem to recall when that Genesis Fermentor first came out, it was like $40 or $50, PLUS liner costs.
Seems like an awesome idea, but i think the price reflects its' function?

That's my take-away as well. I wonder how much the replacement liners cost and how long they'll even be around

I looked on the website and the liners aren’t too expensive but it also says you can use without them, that they just make clean up easier

Anyone know if those handles on the fermenter are hollow like a milk jug? That could be bad to clean. Even if they are not, must have some bad shapes at that location.

Back