Adding Secondary Regulators.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoNothing

Reaction score
I've tried searching around and looking at various builds and not finding much in the way of answers.

I'm upgrading from my 2 tap dorm fridge keggerator to an upright freezer that'll have 6+ taps. No longer can I deal with 1 regulator and a Y after it. I'd like to have 2-3 different pressures.

I currently have 2 different taprite single regulators with a hard connection to the CO2 tank.

It seems simple enough to remove the hard end of one and the high pressure gauge on another and put a piece of pipe between them to have 2 different pressures.

If I wanted 3, and all 3 to be regulated inside of the freezer. Is it best to have a single primary on the tank outside at 30PSI and the interior regs at their reduced rate? Or should I get some high pressure hose and go straight from the tank to the regulators? I'd ideally prefer not to have 3 different hoses going through the wall to the distribution blocks with 3 regulators outside.

With low pressure doesn't it mean I can only set the secondaries to at most -5psi from the primary?

I'm looking at kegconnection and the high vs low pressure is killing me.

I don't know about "best" but I have a main regulator on the tank set at 30 psi. From that I have a braided low pressure hose that is connected to my secondary regulators. If you've ever seen this Mythbusters show, then you know why I'd rather have a busted hose at 30 psi than a high pressure hose break on you at 800 psi, or whatever it is. I don't what to know what kind of damage that might cause in my keezer if one let lose. At it is, I'm very cautious whenever I move my CO2 tank around. One fall could be disastrous. :eek:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEJGNLTo84[/ame]

Back