adding juice concentrate to dry cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sashurlow

Reaction score
I thought I would post this as a reference for other people. I had three gallons aging in a secondary for 2 months. Its my goal to bump up the specific gravity so I can bottle pasteurize. I added one can of concentrate to my bottling bucket and got 2.5 gallons from the brew. The specific gravity when from 1.0 to 1.07. I was hoping it would go higher but such is life. I've read about people curious how much concentrate will increase the gravity, so I thought I would post my results. I think I'm going to bottle it tomorrow and pasteurize it when it get bubbly.
scott

Did you mean that you went from 1.000 to 1.007? Because that sounds a lot more accurate... I usually do three gallons at a time, And I think if I added 3 cans of concentrate at the beginning it would only raise my gravity by about .03.. Going from 1.0 to 1.07 would be like going from something incredibly dry to something so sweet it would be difficult to drink

Back