Adding fresh fruit juice to the mead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blast

Reaction score
I'm looking at the rhubarb mead thread and got to wondering, what kind of results I would get if I ran the fruit I intend to use through a juicer instead of adding it in sliced or whole? Would I treat it as adding a juice concentrate? I'm looking at doing a strawberry rhubarb mead like that but I'm hesitant to try without some input.

I would say with those ingredients it might be best to add them as is. The reason being that rhubarb is very hard to get a significant amount of juice from and strawberries are so light in flavour that I wouldn't want anything i could have extracted from the pulp to go to waste.

That being said, I have heard this method can work very well for other fruits and is the standard for making cysers. I have a raspberry melomel on the go where I added just the juice right now. I hope this helps.

I believe I saw someone post on a thread here the priority of available fruit additions to:
1. Fresh fruit
2. Pure Juiced fruit
3. Frozen fruit
4. Fruit juice from concentrate
Perhaps I could find that thread and link it for you to read! It's one of the recent posts, that's for sure!
Not for sure, currently cannot locate the thread! I'm sure I'm close but don't quote me ;)

I was going to chop up Ina a little sugar and water and add? To the cincentrarion I want

That being said, I have heard this method can work very well for other fruits and is the standard for making cysers. I have a raspberry melomel on the go where I added just the juice right now. I hope this helps.

I know this is an old thread, but I found it searching for info on adding raspberry juice to a melomel. Can the poster comment on their raspberry melomel? How did you make it? How did it turn out?

Latest posts

Back