Adding Fireball to finished cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dereq

Reaction score
I have a 5-gallon batch in the fermentor for about a week now. A friend of mine at work said he and his wife like to add a shot of Fireball when they drink Angry Orchard for that cinnamon-spice note and extra kick. This got me thinking. Has anyone ever added Fireball to the whole finished batch? Any negative effects to this?

I assume you are referring to Cinnamon Schnapps? I think this sounds like a great way to add a cinnamon kick to a cider, if you like the taste of schnapps.

Personally, I would still add it to my glass instead of the whole batch in case you get tired of the flavor at some point and just want an ordinary cider. But I think it would work just fine in an entire batch. Maybe 500 to 750ml for a five gallon batch?

I assume you are referring to Cinnamon Schnapps? I think this sounds like a great way to add a cinnamon kick to a cider, if you like the taste of schnapps.

Personally, I would still add it to my glass instead of the whole batch in case you get tired of the flavor at some point and just want an ordinary cider. But I think it would work just fine in an entire batch. Maybe 500 to 750ml for a five gallon batch?

Nope. He's talking about 80 proof Cinnamon Whiskey.. :beard:

fireball.jpg

yep! the more i think about it, the more i think it's an "add to taste" per serving kind of thing. but my over-indulgent self is also thinking of dumping a bottle in there. :mug:

yep! the more i think about it, the more i think it's an "add to taste" per serving kind of thing. but my over-indulgent self is also thinking of dumping a bottle in there. :mug:

I have an Apfelwine going now. I may have to put some in like the last six or so bottles in the bucket and see what happens. Nice idea.

Oooohhhh... This sounds yummy.

Ohhhh Cider and Cinnamon booze is fantastic.

A German Restaurant in my town mixes Cinnamon Schnapps and Cider and calls it an Apple Strudel.

Though it can get very dangerous when mixing at home as the pour judgment gets impaired fairly quickly when your "two finger" buddy starts pouring them for you.... :tank:

Ok so I'm bottling some Pappy's Pub Cider tonight and was going to add some fireball to the last 6 or 7 bottles but I was wondering if the sugars in the whiskey would start fermentation again? This is a still cider that I'm putting in wine bottles with corks so pressure is a big no no. Thanks

Yes sir. I have A whole batch 5 1/2 gallons to be exact. I was reading thr thread here and found too many ways that i could spoil/infect the batch with cinnamon sticks. So i thought fireball would be a great controllable and sterile way to go. I found that 750mls was too weak and 1500 was too strong. 1075mls seemed to be in the sweet spot. Hope this helps -wildbill-

Back