Adding Coconut to visible krausen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Its been 2 weeks since brew day and I still have some krausen floating at the top of my stout. Recipe calls to add coconut after 2 weeks. Most of the fermentation occurred after just a few days as I used a yeast starter and yeast nutrient.

Is it ok to add coconut with some krausen still visible? Would it hurt anything?

Its been 2 weeks since brew day and I still have some krausen floating at the top of my stout. Recipe calls to add coconut after 2 weeks. Most of the fermentation occurred after just a few days as I used a yeast starter and yeast nutrient.

Is it ok to add coconut with some krausen still visible? Would it hurt anything?

I'm sure it wud be fine do you plan on using a secondary? And is your coconut have any added sugar?
Just curious how much are you using a just kegged a porter that I used 20 oz of toasted coconut in the secondary and I'm curious how it's gonna turn out ( when I tried it there wasn't much flavor or aroma to it)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back