Adding chocolate flavor to stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trogdor447

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm seeing mixed things.. Overall I think im going to bottle 1 case without the chocolate.. then mix in 1/2 of the 4oz jug i got.. And then bottle the rest - Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm adding it after i poor the priming sugar in and stirring it in that way

Brewers Best flavor - I should have probably ordered it from austin home brew but while i was at the home brew shop.. i started getting thirsty at 10am thinking about chocolate stout... LOL so i had to get some
20130916_104958.jpg

Yeah I think that's your best bet. Prime the whole batch, bottle your first half, then sanitarily (sp?:drunk:) mix in half of that bottle to the last half you want to bottle.

I can't speak to how that actually tastes, but that is probably the best method to add it.

I'm a fan of using Cocoa Nibs in the lat 10 min of the boil, It really doesn't take a large amount for good flavor, especially with the right complementing malts, but the Brewers best flavoring may be more economical.

All of the responses were great - I think it will be a good addition and only adding it to half the batch will be a good judgement of if i need more/less next time around for the flavoring.

I will let you guys know in about a month on how it turned out ;) pitched the yeast in that batch this morning.. and next weekend is bottling the wheat..

Back