Acquired 3 kegs and co2 tank, what else do I need?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mychalg9

Reaction score
I know this topic is fairly redundant, but I didn't find any great answers with my search and wanted some interaction with people for this. I recently got my mitts on three pin lock kegs and a 10 lb co2 tank. What else do I need to be up and running (kegging)? I plan on using picnic taps at first and just opening the fridge every time I need a pour.

You could save some money by looking at the classified section and buying used. The link pics show just about everything but here is what I could think of at the moment.

Hopefully the CO2 bottle came with a regulator if not you need one.
One liquid and one gas fitting for each keg
10 ' of liquid line for each keg
Enough air line to reach each keg from a manifold
Gas manifold or splitter
Optional check valves/shut offs(usually comes with the manifold)
Misc clamps to attach the lines
Cobra tap for each keg

I may have one or two pinlock fittings PM me.

The picnic taps will work, but keep in mind they are easily "set off" spraying beer all over the inside of the fridge if the little handle gets caught on something.
Also, they will drip a bit, and generally make a mess inside your fridge.
I suggest biting the bullet and getting what your really want/need now, and skipping the temporary approach.
Be sure to get 3/16 beer line, and not the 1/4" like I just did.
You need 10' of line per tap (minimum) to avoid foaming (many threads on this subject).
There is a lot more to tapping a keg than just hooking a hose up to a faucet. It's good that you ask now. :D

Latest posts

Back