Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra beer line is just too stiff!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IwanaBrich

Reaction score
I just built a 3 tap kegerator using a smallish upright Whirlpool refrigerator, the faucets are mounted on/thru the door and think that I used the wrong tubing. I used (15 ft per tap) 3/16" Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra beer line and I think that is it is just too stiff for my application. This tubing would be fine if the faucets weren't through the door where they could be placed and left alone. I need tubing that will permit me to easily open and close the door without worry. The tubing is just too still and it sometimes makes it difficult to close the door. Otherwise I like the tubing, no off flavors and John Guest fittings made it a snap to install.

I wen with the Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra lines because I wanted to stay away from vinyl because of the off flavors. Does anyone have any experience with Ultra Barrier Silver™ or can you recommend some other product?

Bevlex 200 is what I use. Very flexible and perfect for beer.

I also use the virtually generic Bevlex 200 line, but it is solid PVC tubing.
Some folks' genetics make them keener to pick up potential plastic notes than those not so blessed/afflicted.

Anyway, seems to me one could route the Ultra so each run has a loop just inside the door hinge, rather than simply banging a right turn. The extra line to form the loop would better take up the opening/closing of the door...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back