Accidentally put Goldings in Yoopers APA - What to do for dry hop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iseneye

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a small batch of yoopers APA fermenting at the moment and I was going through my hop supply today and noticed that I used goldings hops instead of amarillo. The plan was Centennial for bittering then Amarillo at 30 then a mixture of 2/3 Amarillo and 1/3 Centennial from 10 onwards. I thought the hydrometer sample tasted different and have now figured out why. My question is on dry hopping - would you go just goldings, just centennial or flag it all together. Like I said it's a small batch so not a big deal and there is beer at the end. Yeast is US05.

Thanks.

Use more goldings or something that works well with it. You can always smell a little bit of goldings in a bowl along with amarillo, or other hops you have, and see how the combination smells together.

I'd go for three parts of Goldings to each of Centennial. Centennial can very easily overpower it.

Latest posts

Back